Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feraud

Bartender
This is an interesting inscription.
P1030984.jpg

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 7X Clear Beaver

Mailman just brought this to me. I knocked out the alpine crease and will clean it and give it a new crease.
Crown 5 1/2"
Brim 2 5/8"

Wil Tam

Practically Family
I got a few new ones this month....

IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg

Bianchi "Watchman" in olive green .. Stetson Sovereign Twenty Lite in brown .. Barlesoni Homburg in rust
IMG_0325.jpg
IMG_0253.jpg
IMG_0066.jpg

Unknown wide brim G-man in tan .. Matt Andrews in gray .. Borsalino Traveler in olive green
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0062.jpg

Borsalino Velour Thirty Five in brown with a peacock feather ribbon treatment .. Knox Premier Twenty Five in black

[huh] ;)

----------------
Now playing: Pixies, the - Nimrod's Son
via FoxyTunes

Wil Tam

Practically Family
welcome to the club!

Dixon said:
Wil,
Tell me more about that Stetson Twenty Lite?
Where did it come from? It looks great!

D

Hey Dixon,

Thanks, my favorite right now & probably will be for a while yet.

I bought another hat off one of the members here that needed repair through the classifieds section, & he mentioned that he listed it on the bay. :D

----------------
Now playing: Audioslave - Be Yourself
via FoxyTunes

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Akubra Stylemaster mid-grey

My Akubra Stylemaster arrived today. As someone else wrote about their new mid-grey Stylemaster, mine initially looked a little darker and the crown looked a little taller than I had thought they would. After a few hours, though, that has worn off.

I think this hat is going to quickly settle in as a favorite. It feels good and I like the look. Also, after picking up a couple of charcoal greys, I think I'm done with black hats. The greys are much more versatile. Playing around with my new hat this afternoon, it seems this grey picks up some shading from whatever I'm wearing. It can look like a black grey with a black coat or it can look like a bluish grey with a blue coat.

Now I need to add a light grey/moonstone, and I still need a quality brown.

021909Stylemaster4.jpg
021909Stylemaster3.jpg
021909Stylemaster.jpg

Although, looking at these pictures, that's a fairly bluish gray . . .

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wow - Carouselvic and Will Tam - you guys are really racking 'em up! Thanks for sharing the shots. Can't blame you for getting them, they are all great looking hats.

Gilgamark, that Akubra does look right at home on you. Well done!

carter

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Wow - Carouselvic and Will Tam - you guys are really racking 'em up! Thanks for sharing the shots. Can't blame you for getting them, they are all great looking hats.

Gilgamark, that Akubra does look right at home on you. Well done!
:arated: Agreed, as well as a terrific OR posted by Michaelshane. Terrific stuff, gentlemen.

jec

One of the Regulars
Gilgamark said:
My Akubra Stylemaster arrived today. As someone else wrote about their new mid-grey Stylemaster, mine initially looked a little darker and the crown looked a little taller than I had thought they would. After a few hours, though, that has worn off.

Now I need to add a light grey/moonstone, and I still need a quality brown.

021909Stylemaster.jpg

Gilgamark - Yes, I was one of the guys who commented that the mid-gray arrived a bit darker than expected. This third photo you posted - the darkest of the three - is the most accurate depiction of the gray. And out of the sunlight, the hat can appear nearly blackish.

But it looks great on you. Seeing the hat on you, and on Deanzat, I am reconsidering my attempt to sell mine... Indeed, I think I'll wear it out tomorrow night and see how it feels.

Thanks for posting the photos.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
jecoe@earthlink said:
021909Stylemaster.jpg

Gilgamark - Yes, I was one of the guys who commented that the mid-gray arrived a bit darker than expected. This third photo you posted - the darkest of the three - is the most accurate depiction of the gray. And out of the sunlight, the hat can appear nearly blackish. QUOTE]

It was interesting. Initially, the hat looked taller and darker than any photo I had seen of a mid-grey Stylemaster. I grew accoustomed to it within an hour, hour and a half.

That last photo is definitely the closest to the "actual" color. Mine seems to move easily between a blue grey and a black grey, depending on lighting and other colors around it.

It's a good hat.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Gilgamark, you have fine taste in hats! That's one good-lookin' lid.

My mid-gray Stylemaster arrived on Wednesday and promptly became a favorite. I think it's going to be a very versatile hat. As for the "quality brown" hat you still need, I've got a Stylemaster in mid-brown and it's a great hat. I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of my mid-gray, but there are pics of my mid-brown around here somewhere.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Spats McGee said:
As for the "quality brown" hat you still need, I've got a Stylemaster in mid-brown and it's a great hat.

I'm thinking about that. There's another thread on a tawny fawn Stylemaster. Looks like it might fit the bill. I'm also eyeing a couple on eBay, but I have a sneaking suspicion the price on both will go through the roof.

kiltie

Practically Family
TWO new hats...

An Open Road ( 1960's 4X ) and....uh...something else:

Open Road -
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0861.jpg

And...uh...something -
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0860.jpg

I will likely take the OR for a re-block tomorrow, but other than that, and the usual ecchh on this color hat, it's in fine shape.

NOW-
This other hat is really, really neat-o. You can't see it in the pic, but it's a shade or two darker than a robin's egg blue. The felt is super light and soft. There are no markings on the sweatband ( suggesting refurb? ) and the liner reads "Benoit's". Men's Store? Behind the sweat, on a tag attached to the hat body: "To Duplicate", then a number written in pencil under that. If it's a refurb, the refurb was done a while back, or with a vintage sweatband. No damage to the body, and after a little Scout and some creative creasing, any unremovable soiling is near invisible. The brim is bound at just about two and a half inches, and I didn't measure the crown, but it's about 36 miles tall, making for a great deep canyon like dent up top for taking drinks and candy into the movies.

Both hats came to me after a trade with another member who was very generous and forthcoming about the details of these hats. I didn't think to ask if it would matter if I mentioned his name in the trade, but you know who you are, so THANKS!

So there's my new hats :) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy