Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
IMG_0887.jpg

kiltie, That's absolutely beautiful. Interesting background, too. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dundee

A-List Customer
That is a beautiful Camp Draft. I have one coming in mid brown. I will have to wait a couple of months though.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Michaelshane said:
Post them here,I want to see.

Yes, Ladies- post your hats here so we aren't jumping from thread to thread to see all the new hats. Besides, if you put them in a "Ladies Only" area I feel like I shouldn't be looking at the thread!!!

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
02-28-09_2225.jpg

Little ebay win. First non-western hat. kinda beat and rough around the edges, so I'll abuse it and shape it, and practice bashing till I get a more "permanent" hat, then sell this off to be some one else's "first".

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Madcap72 said:
02-28-09_2225.jpg

Little ebay win. First non-western hat. kinda beat and rough around the edges, so I'll abuse it and shape it, and practice bashing till I get a more "permanent" hat, then sell this off to be some one else's "first".

That one looks pretty nice; what kind is it?

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kiltie said:
...because it's spelled that way on the sweatband...... I can wear into some of the rowdier environs I frequent and not worry too much.

Nice diamond there; I like that style. The color is good too.....now; about those rowdy places you hang out---[bad]

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
ScionPI2005 said:
That one looks pretty nice; what kind is it?
It's a Stetson Royale DeLuxe

Have another pic under the title "my new hat makes me look like a goon"
Decent little thing, little narrow of a brim for my taste, but a good starter hat.

LordBest

Practically Family
Mallory Homburg

My first vintage homburg, it is a superb hat, the craftsmanship on the brim takes the breath away. The seller thought it was brought into existence in the 1930s, can anyone shed any light on the date? Labelled 7 3/8 but fits me well, though there are two thin foam strips in the band to make it sit a little higher. There was originally a cellophane cap to the liner, but it long ago turned orange and disintegrated. I have removed as much of the fragments as I can, lest they stain the felt. The liner seems to be silk satin.
Front.jpg

Bowside.jpg

Top.jpg

Liner.jpg

MalloryDurafelt.jpg

Famous.jpg

Famous what?

Tradition.jpg

Sizetag.jpg

LordBest

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
going by the mallory markings, its a '50s one.
Excellent, thank you. The seller had told me that someone told him (ha) that the "for Youthful Smartness" slogan had been dropped by 1946. But personally, I could not care less when it was made, it is just a splendid hat to wear.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
There are there people who discuss the life of hat slogans outside of the Lounge!!??!! Where is this strange and distant land? :eek: :p lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo