Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
you can, there are some good finds, change your search terms, try hat maker names, vintage hats, size maybe or even fedora or just hat, you'll be surprised what you find if you dig deep down the lists.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, well.....

CigarMan said:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the comments . . .
the hat looks like it's a custom job from Buckaroo Hatters in Brighton, TN. It has a beautiful white satin lining with a label inside calling it The Green Hornet.

I'm assuming after the 1930's radio show/1960's television show hero.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Hornet

It's size 7 1/8 and has a 2 3/4 in. brim, 1 3/4 in. black grosgrain ribbon, and a 4 1/2 in. crown. Beautiful piece of work.
http://www.buckaroohatters.com/

DSC01957a.jpg
Whataya know......our good friend Mr. Mike (major) Moore. :eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Two new ones today, both for $25.

NOS Wormser "The Texan". Looks like it was never worn, the trolley cord wasn't even cut loose. The color is close to pure white but there is a hint of light blue in there. Very beautiful.
My first Wormser.

WormserTheTexan001.jpg

WormserTheTexan003.jpg

Next, a pretty old Stevens "The Imperial" boater. Decent condition.

StevensTheImperialboater001.jpg

StevensTheImperialboater002.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
Two new ones today, both for $25.

NOS Wormser "The Texan". Looks like it was never worn, the trolley cord wasn't even cut loose. The color is close to pure white but there is a hint of light blue in there. Very beautiful.
My first Wormser.

That's like the Wormser I just bought at a local flea market. It is a great color. Mine didn't have a trolley though.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
That Wormser is a beauty. You've been scoring some nice lids of late, thunderw21. Congrats! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks, Jimmy. I was having a dry spell there for a while but seem to be back in the swing of things. :D

RBH

Bartender
CigarMan said:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the comments . . .
the hat looks like it's a custom job from Buckaroo Hatters in Brighton, TN. It has a beautiful white satin lining with a label inside calling it The Green Hornet.

I'm assuming after the 1930's radio show/1960's television show hero.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Hornet

It's size 7 1/8 and has a 2 3/4 in. brim, 1 3/4 in. black grosgrain ribbon, and a 4 1/2 in. crown. Beautiful piece of work.
http://www.buckaroohatters.com/

DSC01957a.jpg

Here is a shot of Gene in the 'Green Hornet' hat. [we called him 'The Gene Hornet' all night ! :D ]

33057338vy1.jpg

C-man I have to say it REALLY looks super on you!!!

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Thanks RBH, I appreciate it.

majormoore said:
RBH

That is the hat, plus I have the pin for it also I had made. Looks very nice on cigarman.

Major Moore

An awesome piece of work Major Moore. Thanks for the compliment.

Jabos

A-List Customer
This is my second Ebay hat, a Royal Stetson, probably early '60s. Tag says $10.95. Given our newfound candor, I open the door to comments-about the look on me or my bash job. The pinch was a little "gotcheyed" so I had to work on it.
033copy.jpg

031copy.jpg

Dixon

New in Town
Jabos said:
This is my second Ebay hat, a Royal Stetson, probably early '60s. Tag says $10.95. Given our newfound candor, I open the door to comments-about the look on me or my bash job. The pinch was a little "gotcheyed" so I had to work on it.

I LOVE IT!
That is the hat I've been looking for.
Looks great on you too.
Good work.

D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey, Jabos.

I really like it when I can offer helpful suggestions and I appreciate your 'give it to me straight, doc' attitude. But after really studying those photos all I can say is I think you aced it!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
OK, I had an afterthought: Have you ever considered wearing a hat with a tilt to one side? For me it's unnatural to wear a hat any other way, but for some they gotta' be level. I think that hat, and you, would look just that last ounce better with a little 'southside slide' to that brim. :D

ezra

New in Town
New hat Band

The adventures continue in my new hat cleaning and restoration business. I learned that it's very hard to get materials where I live, so I was forced to make my own hatband. My first attempt. We'll see if the customer likes it.

This is a borso that I cleaned, redyed and did some shaping and made a new hatband for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35447629@N05/3329858067/

(note original copy of Thunderball on desk)

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Jabos, your new hat looks great! But then I am rather partial to narrower brims. The proportions fit your face and head well. I would love to find a similar hat (in 7 5/8 xxlong oval)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass