Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Thanks, Scott and Jim. ;) Graham at Optimo said he thought this hat would go back to the '40's. QUOTE]

First let me say I have nothing but respect for Graham, but I think a date in the 50's or 60's is closer than 40's. But like Douglas said it is a nice hat regaurdless of when it was made.

Feraud

Bartender
rlk said:
3547116930_ebdc0dacc5.jpg
Surprise, a Homburg!

Your gamble paid off! Nice one.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DOUGLAS said:
None of mine has the Alessandria embossed lettering. I had thought that both of mine with the paper tags 7-1-4 were from the late Forties but certainly the Fifties could be a realistic age as well. Whats a few years,it is a great hat.

Douglas and Vic, I couldnt agree with you more. Even if it's 50's or 60's it's still a beautiful piece of hat history. I'm really excited to add this one to my lid family.

Thank you, Mr. P. I feels great sitting up there covering my baldness too.

Mr. Paladin

I won this new Champ on e-Bay the other day, and it has arrived! It appears to be immaculate all over and I am very pleased. I was attracted to it because of the ribbon, which I think adds a touch of style to the package. Brim is 2 1/4", a bit smaller than most of my hats but I think it wears well. $41.00 for this hat was a good deal, I believe. It is a thinner felt than some of my others and will be great for summertime wear.

NewChamp010.jpg

NewChamp008.jpg

NewChamp002.jpg

NewChamp004.jpg

NewChamp005.jpg

NewChamp003.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin, you scored a fantastic hat!!

I think it looks super on, and that shirt is a good complement to it's ribbon.

Is the more blue-ish/grey color shown in the last (natural light) photo more accurate than the neutral grey in the first photos?

Either way, that's a real looker. :eusa_clap

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
Picked up a 4x Beaver Stevens from the bay. It got lost on the trip to it's new home but It is in great shape. Better than described in fact came with the original box and price tag $11.99. What is seen here is before a light brushing which removed everything...just dusty.
0052.jpg
0056.jpg

BobC

Mr. Paladin said:
I won this new Champ on e-Bay the other day, and it has arrived! It appears to be immaculate all over and I am very pleased. I was attracted to it because of the ribbon, which I think adds a touch of style to the package. Brim is 2 1/4", a bit smaller than most of my hats but I think it wears well. $41.00 for this hat was a good deal, I believe. It is a thinner felt than some of my others and will be great for summertime wear.

NewChamp010.jpg

NewChamp008.jpg

NewChamp002.jpg

NewChamp004.jpg

NewChamp005.jpg

NewChamp003.jpg

Nice one Mr. P. The unique ribbon, the wide binding, and you wear it well. Looks great on you. Nice catch.

Torpedo

One Too Many
MrP, great score. I think this hat will find its way often to your head. The trimmings are balanced, not too austere and not too flashy, so providing you with a versatile lid!

RLK, that Montecristi homburg is NIIIce! That's what Poirot would wear in his Egyptian adventures I guess...

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Wow! Some truely fantastic hats here on this thread lately!
I just received a panama hat from Hornets Hats. I don't know anything about panamas, so maybe you guys can tell me if it was worth the price? It was thirty-five pounds plus a bit more for shipping. It's marked "genuine panama", has a 2 1/2" brim, a comfy satiny sweatband, and a ribbon that is not really well attatched and is just begging to be replaced:
Picture395.jpg

Picture397.jpg

Picture396.jpg

Picture394.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Jauntyone said:
I just received a panama hat from Hornets Hats. I don't know anything about panamas, so maybe you guys can tell me if it was worth the price? It was thirty-five pounds plus a bit more for shipping. It's marked "genuine panama", has a 2 1/2" brim, a comfy satiny sweatband, and a ribbon that is not really well attatched and is just begging to be replaced:
Picture395.jpg
Nice, I want one of those optimo crowns!

Thwack

Familiar Face
Brand new PB Cuenca arrived on monday. Very happy with this hat, the little woman likes it a lot and that goes a long way!

DSC00063.jpg

Mr. Paladin

Thwack, you're looking good in that one.

Thanks to all for the comments on the Champ. My wife really likes it too, so I'm sure it will get lots of wear. She says the only hat I have that she likes better is the bark Stetson Colony.

Daliz

New in Town
Hi,

New member new hat :)
Just received this, my first hat (well the ballcaps don't count), just a few days ago. It's a Christy's Knightsbridge:

knightsbridge.jpg

knightsbridge2.jpg

knightsbridge3.jpg

knightsbridge4.jpg

Also bought a cheap Jaxon Gambler straw hat, will post pics of that a bit later.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Jauntyone said:

Hmmmm.... Is that a sewn on edge binding I see on that one?

The hat appears to have a very nice shape and proportions. It also appears to be constructed in much the same way as some modern production cowboy hats.

I have no doubt that you'll look sharp wearing it, but I'm still a little vague about how this compares to what many think of when discussing hand woven hats from Ecuador.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:

OK, I'm jealous! :D I have a fondness for Champ hats for some odd reason, and that one is wonderful! Great score, Mr. Paladin!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot