Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samuel

Practically Family
Garrett said:
This vintage panama is from one of our very own loungers - pdxvintagette of Fab Gabs Fine Vintage on ebay.

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg
===========================================================

Very nice panama Optimo crease and weave :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
This vintage panama is from one of our very own loungers - pdxvintagette of Fab Gabs Fine Vintage on ebay.

IMG_3523.jpg

I love everything about it except the size!

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
30's Stingie

Here's another acquisition from a fellow lounger - Anon

Straight out of the 30's and from a brand that was a division of John B Stetson company. Black with a Charcoal ribbon

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
stealthboy said:
My wife picked up this Stetson bowler at a local flea market today. Any thoughts on its age?

I think you can probably say that it's no later than 1930. I don't think that any of the various "medal liners" made it that far.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Garrett, those are both fantastic. I've been after a Penn-Craft for a while now, but they all seem to be your size.

Mr. Paladin

MadDawg said:
A new Stetson Firenze I picked up this weekend. Beautiful steel grey with steel 1 1/2" ribbon from Henry the Hatter in Detroit (although I picked it up at the local Stetson outlet).

This is the classic dress fedora I have been looking for. Simple, elegent, and timeless. This will be a regular!

CIMG0031.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice find, MadDawg. From the Garland Outlet I assume. Do they have a good stock in now?

MadDawg

Familiar Face
Correct. I drop by the Garland outlet about once a month, just to peruse. They have good stock in most sizes, but it is pretty much one of each model/color at a time and I am finding that most need some kind of tender care, in my opinion. I have yet to visit where I had to choose between to keeper hats, most of the time, I only find one that fits my preference. The funny thing is, the two hats I have picked up have been flawless to the naked eye. The only "blemish" was that the hat tag was mis-sized (or the block was sized wrong for production.)

But considering I can get a hat for 33% of retail, I can't complain.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
New hat day

Had the usual Monday large shipment in today and in the nidst were 3 hats. Two stingies, a Resistol Beaver XXX and a Royal Stetson, and this great Dobbs which I have only one picture of so far(none of the other two as yet) but when I get the pics you will see why it's going on the next shipment to Optimo with a note: "Please fix it" :eusa_doh: needs a lot of stitching round the underwelt and a number of othe small things.
Out of breath so here's the photo:
100_0282.jpg

Samuel

Practically Family
Scott Wood said:
Had the usual Monday large shipment in today and in the nidst were 3 hats. Two stingies, a Resistol Beaver XXX and a Royal Stetson, and this great Dobbs which I have only one picture of so far(none of the other two as yet) but when I get the pics you will see why it's going on the next shipment to Optimo with a note: "Please fix it" :eusa_doh: needs a lot of stitching round the underwelt and a number of othe small things.
Out of breath so here's the photo:
100_0282.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice lid Scott!

Chinaski

One Too Many
Garrett, I'm sure I'm not alone in this - I would love to see that Penn-Craft when you put a crease in it. Even without a crease you can see that reverse taper at the back. What a nice hat!

Mr. Paladin

MadDawg said:
Correct. I drop by the Garland outlet about once a month, just to peruse. They have good stock in most sizes, but it is pretty much one of each model/color at a time and I am finding that most need some kind of tender care, in my opinion. I have yet to visit where I had to choose between to keeper hats, most of the time, I only find one that fits my preference. The funny thing is, the two hats I have picked up have been flawless to the naked eye. The only "blemish" was that the hat tag was mis-sized (or the block was sized wrong for production.)

But considering I can get a hat for 33% of retail, I can't complain.

I love going there too. I try to get by several times a year and as you say, if you select carefully, there are some real winners there to be had for mere change, compared to retail.

Garrett

Chinaski said:
Garrett, I'm sure I'm not alone in this - I would love to see that Penn-Craft when you put a crease in it. Even without a crease you can see that reverse taper at the back. What a nice hat!

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Resistol stingy

Received this yesterday along with a couple others.
My first ever real stingy all my own. "I will love him and hug him and call him George" (Sam the sheepdog from B. Bunny):D
100_0284.jpg

100_0286.jpg

Will get shots with sweat band and ribbon detail

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
I know I'm going to get called out for multi-posting to different threads, but hey... I'll use the excuse that I'm new here, and really like my new hat! I especially like the 1st pic my wife took here. Stetson Temple:

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff