Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
jeffconnors said:
I think I remember a thread here somewhere doing just that...

Really? That would sure make things a whole lot easier. Step by step photos with a phone camera sends a bit tasking and arduous. I would if I had to, though.:eek:

RJ:)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jeffconnors said:
Got this home one friday, WOW! what a hat, cav edge super soft felt, holds shape perfect after a little work...Just need to get the ripples out of the hat band and shes good to go :)
Very nice hat. Always nice to see a hat that is both
beautiful and beautifully constructed. And a steal!

The brand seems familiar, but
I don't recall seeing one before. Thanks for posting it.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
feltfan said:
Very nice hat. Always nice to see a hat that is both
beautiful and beautifully constructed. And a steal!

The brand seems familiar, but
I don't recall seeing one before. Thanks for posting it.

I have not scene any of this brand myself. It has a union tag under the sweat and a reorder tag " to duplicate cappelo 58 lo". The reorder tag looks alot like the one on my late 50s champ . Is got a great plastic sweat guard under the sweatband too.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
jeffconnors said:
How did you re sew the sweat on?? I have a Adam who's sweat is falling off
thanks in adavnce

Needle and thread. It is not that hard. The thing I try to do is to keep the stitches straight and at an even distance. I don't think I could replicate the continuous stitching done by a sweatband sewing machine so what I do, using the sweat's little, previously sewn holes as reference, is to count: 1-2-3 -4 little holes, stitch & tighten. 1-2-3-4 stitch & tighten and so on. Single thread, one piece for the entire length of the band. You have to be careful to make the stitches high enough so they don't show under the ribbon, but not too high for the sweatband to sink down the edge. Hope this helps.[huh]

If not, send me the hat and I sew it for you!:D :eek:

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
Just picked up this straw Borsalino today at a local vintage shop. The had another one and a straw Mallory porkpie but they were the wrong size. I am going to stop by there periodically and se if they get any more hats.

001-3.jpg

Cracker

One of the Regulars
Cracker said:
I got this vintage Shudde Brothers OR clone on ebay for a very decent price recently.
P1030962.jpg

P1030978.jpg

Took it to Shudde Brothers today. Turns out it was an old Shudde Brothers repair to probably a 1950s-60s Stetson Open Road, with a repair any time after that up through the 1980s as Shudde Brothers used the same style sweatband for years. It'll be cleaned up and ready in 8 weeks. I can't wait.

RBH

Bartender
Cracker said:
Took it to Shudde Brothers today. Turns out it was an old Shudde Brothers repair to probably a 1950s-60s Stetson Open Road, with a repair any time after that up through the 1980s as Shudde Brothers used the same style sweatband for years. It'll be cleaned up and ready in 8 weeks. I can't wait.
Keep us updated!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cracker said:

Its great to save a classic like that; I can't wait to see it either!

GClark

One of the Regulars
Antique store find yesterday (my first)
Stetson Royal Deluxe Open Road

The somewhat crushed cattleman's crease it came with
StetsonRD_OR2.jpg

As it is now after some steam...
StetsonRD_OR3.jpg

Other shots
StetsonRD_OR1.jpg

StetsonRD_OR5.jpg

StetsonRD_OR6.jpg

Forgive the expression - looking into the sun.
StetsonRD_OR.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Jimmy and Lefty. This one seems comparable felt to the Stetson Royal DeLuxe. The Pliafelt version I have is thinner and smoother more like the Borsalino Alessandria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy