Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

navarre

Vendor
Bought this the other day. Pretty dirty and a couple moth bites. None of the the damage went all the way through, so I reblocked it inside out. Started as a 6 7/8 now it fits as a 7 1/4 long oval.
blue2.jpg

Reworked the original ribbon inside out as well. Working on dying some cord to put the wind trolly back on as the original was to short. To excited to wait to show it off though.
blue1.jpg

blue3.jpg

Hope no one will hold it againts me that the cavanah edge is now upsidedown, but the color inside was to good to resist.

carldelo

One Too Many
navarre said:
Hope no one will hold it againts me that the cavanah edge is now upsidedown, but the color inside was to good to resist.

That Cav edge looks cool inverted - the one-sided bow is a nice touch too. Job well done, plus it's three sizes bigger? Amazing....

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
navarre said:

Great job on the ribbon. Whether its under or over, a cav edge is still a cav edge, and the color from the inside sure seems to pop. :eusa_clap

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Two new hats from ScottF

I won these two lightweight lids from Scott last week, and they've both arrived. Both are great hats, just what I was looking for for Spring:

First, this light green Worth & Worth:

It's hard to capture the color just right, but this comes close
4522526030_5a7f5d1b4e.jpg

I've heard a lot about W&W quality (mostly Italian bodies I understand) and this is certainly a nice, soft, buttery felt. I think it's much newer than Scott estimated, but I knew that from my own research going in - I think I got a great deal now that I've (with appologies to Champ) "felt the felt".

Today, this great wide-brimmed Emerson Playboyesque hat was waiting when I returned from lunch:

4522505766_baef22567d.jpg

Another soft, easy to shape hat, and in wonderful condition for its age (early 40s?)

I hope I can lay off buying for a while, as I have some hats that I MUST get off for cleaning/blocking/renovation, but we all know how unlikely that is :eek:

Thanks, Scott!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Mr. O'Rourke (or however you prefer I address you),

Those are some beautiful hats, I especially like the Worth and Worth on you.

But if you don't mind my saying, the proportions of the Emerson seem slightly off for your face. This is just my opinion but I think that if you give it a slightly deeper bash in the top (the pinches are beautiful) then it might suit you a little better.

But I repeat, beautiful hats, and you do wear them with style.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Yeps said:
Mr. O'Rourke (or however you prefer I address you),

Those are some beautiful hats, I especially like the Worth and Worth on you.

But if you don't mind my saying, the proportions of the Emerson seem slightly off for your face. This is just my opinion but I think that if you give it a slightly deeper bash in the top (the pinches are beautiful) then it might suit you a little better.

But I repeat, beautiful hats, and you do wear them with style.

That was a quick bash & pinch so I could take a few pics, I'm going to play around with it, probably put a diamond crease in it.

What you're seeing may have more to do with the camera angle - here's the shot I took right before the one I posted:

4521983227_64186a2ce0.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
It does look better in that shot. I hold by my suggestion to try of a deeper crease, but it does work as is.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Here's a quick shot of my new Akubra Squatter from David Morgan.

squatter_after.JPG

The felt is stiff as hell, but I know it will soften up in a few weeks. I think it will make a great hat for the rain soaked Seattle spring.

first new hat in a couple of months

I had an Adam hat that I couldn't find a buyer for...
(http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=47341&highlight=adam

but I was in a vintage clothing store and they swapped me the Adam for this Stratton. it's a beatifull shade of blue, it needs a good dusting and I'm gong to attempt a little reshaing, I may leave it in a cattleman's crease but just snap the brim down, and the most important part, It Fits! just wish it didn't have the grommets in it for the band. has anyone found / made a "plug" so they weren't as noticable.

IMAG0044.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Old but Small...

4525680027_9922fe5db2_b.jpg

The Sieg-Felt is a dark Teal and has a United Hatters of North America stamp and scalloped-edge frayed bow, but a Size 7. The unlined Portis on the right with striped ribbon may be nearly as old but a mere 6-7/8.
From Wisconsin of course.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice, robert :eusa_clap Liner shot on that Sieg? Oh, and do let me know if you plan to sell ;)

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
What a diffrence a hat band makes.

Not a hat necessarily, but I wanted to show off the hat band I picked up yesterday.

Here is a picture of my Stefeno panama with the original ribbon.

Stefeno.JPG

And here it is with the new silk hat band I picked up yesterday:

Stefeno_New_Band.jpg

What a diffrence huh? When I showed it to the lovely Tenuki, she thought it was a brand new hat.

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
Mahagonny Bill said:
Not a hat necessarily, but I wanted to show off the hat band I picked up yesterday.

Here is a picture of my Stefeno panama with the original ribbon.

Stefeno.JPG

And here it is with the new silk hat band I picked up yesterday:

Stefeno_New_Band.jpg

What a diffrence huh? When I showed it to the lovely Tenuki, she thought it was a brand new hat.

What a dramatic change...NICE JOB!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR