Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
dobbs_deion_3.jpg

Wow. I'm not much of a homburg man myself but that one is really nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buler, you have some great pick-ups there. I love homburgs but have never been too interested in the straw versions, but that one is really nice.

Mr. Paladin

150719541[IMG said:
http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/43872/2693505400106357411S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

New Wegener, fur felt, Gore-Tex inside wich keep dry any time.
Ribbon in woven leather was bought in Wülfburg by friend mine, what carried to me. Light but sober hat.lol lol lol

Interesting hat, sir. Is the liner itself Gore-Tex or is it the sweatband material? I like the woven band too.

MarkL

One of the Regulars
That is one amazing Hat Band!!!!!

You literally transformed that hat! I want a hat band like that!!!

Mahagonny Bill said:
Not a hat necessarily, but I wanted to show off the hat band I picked up yesterday.

Here is a picture of my Stefeno panama with the original ribbon.

Stefeno.JPG

And here it is with the new silk hat band I picked up yesterday:

Stefeno_New_Band.jpg

What a diffrence huh? When I showed it to the lovely Tenuki, she thought it was a brand new hat.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Penney's Marathon XXX

First time worn.
The stylish black Marathon came out of its box in perfect, unworn condition and surprised me with its quality. It's a beaver blend and has that lovely beaver finish to it. The ribbon is medium width and the bow treatment (if you can call it that) is stylishly minimalist. This is a top quality hat (though its tag under the sweat prices it at a measly $7.95).

SDC10627.jpg
PenneysMarathonXXXBeaver.jpg
PenneysMarathonXXXBeaver2.jpg
PenneysMarathonXXXBeaver4.jpg
PenneysMarathonXXXBeaver6.jpg
PenneysMarathonXXXBeaver7.jpg
PenneysMarathonXXXBeaver8.jpg
SDC10626.jpg

dead on...

tonyb said:
I don't know that I'd change that hat at all, Rob. I dig it for what it is. It looks like a uniform hat of some sort (that's Stratton's strong market segment), that was made to be worn while doing something a bit more physically active than sitting at a desk, hence the ventilation grommets and the stampede string (or whatever you wanna call that strap).

Nice color, too. It would look just right with blue jeans and boots.

I believe it was a state trooper hat, but not sure what state. I think I just need to tip the front down a little, just doesn't look quite right to me

IMAG0054.jpg

and I apologize for showing this to anyone who hasn't had their morning coffee yet lol lol lol

Mr. Paladin

Ephraim Tutt said:
First time worn.
The stylish black Marathon came out of its box in perfect, unworn condition and surprised me with its quality. It's a beaver blend and has that lovely beaver finish to it. The ribbon is medium width and the bow treatment (if you can call it that) is stylishly minimalist. This is a top quality hat (though its tag under the sweat prices it at a measly $7.95).

SDC10626.jpg

Very nice sir; I think it may well be one on your best hats. :eusa_clap

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
I rushed a few shots in the yard Saturday on a cell phone. Its my first Work of Art and its loverly!

Felt: Camel
Binding: 9 ligne Khaki
Ribbon: 16 ligne Brown with neat camel colored ring.
Based on the Sportaire with 5 3/4" Crown and 2 5/8" brim

Its a split between a 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. I'm so used to hats that are a bit large and then padded in the headband that it felt "strange" at first to wear a hat that actually fit like it was supposed to fit. My Hat's On to Art!

Soft as butter it is. Now to save up money for another!

Art%202.jpg
Art%203.jpg

Art%204.jpg
Art%201.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RobFedoraField said:
I believe it was a state trooper hat, but not sure what state. I think I just need to tip the front down a little, just doesn't look quite right to me

IMAG0054.jpg

and I apologize for showing this to anyone who hasn't had their morning coffee yet lol lol lol
It is definitely a state police hat and the strap goes around the back of the head. The brim is up to keep maximum visibility for safety reasons while working.;)

RBH

Bartender
RobFedoraField said:

IMAG0054.jpg

Yep... Police hat. But I think that you are on the right track for a hat that fits your head.
The photo looks like it is right height above your ears and the crown and brim looks pretty good to me in the photo. I [personally] like the front brim down on a hat, and think that if you could get this one down that the 'cattlemans' crease would look really good on you.

bolthead

marvelgoose said:
I rushed a few shots in the yard Saturday on a cell phone. Its my first Work of Art and its loverly!

Felt: Camel
Binding: 9 ligne Khaki
Ribbon: 16 ligne Brown with neat camel colored ring.
Based on the Sportaire with 5 3/4" Crown and 2 5/8" brim

Its a split between a 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. I'm so used to hats that are a bit large and then padded in the headband that it felt "strange" at first to wear a hat that actually fit like it was supposed to fit. My Hat's On to Art!

Soft as butter it is. Now to save up money for another!

Art%202.jpg
Art%203.jpg

Art%204.jpg
Art%201.jpg

looks great Goose, what's the bow look like? [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy