Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Powder Room Pets?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
BegintheBeguine said:
Cute!
2 out of my 3 pugs at a party.
IMAG0493.jpg

Love the pugs! Wish I could go to a pug party. lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
here are my babies/kids/bratcats:

Chloe aka Chloemonster, my boy-cat. i am not responsible for his name. he is very talkative, a total brat, will tear up anything in sight (especially if it's cardboard), likes to be spanked, and ALWAYS sleeps under the covers with me where he'll purr, knead, and suck on the corner of my pillowcase. also, his fur is strange - black, but the bottom half is white.
chloegreeneyes.jpg

he is a big dork:
thebestpicever.jpg

Mendel aka Grendel, is my sweet, shy girl-cat. we named her after a man to balance Chloe's having a girl name. she has thumbs on her front paws - polydactylism. it's a dominant gene trait in cats and Gregor Mendel was the medieval monk who discovered dominant and recessive gene traits.
queen-mendel.jpg

my mother mourns the fact that i never want children, but seriously, having cats is like having a 2 year old, except that they never grow up.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shearer, Amber and Cheesecake your pets are all so beautiful and cute.
Kitty, your kitty is adorable, what a face!!!!

Amy Jeanne said:

Amy, your Dal is soooo cute. I love dalmatians. They are such a great breed. Aside from their major hyperness, they are loyal and loving. They can be a bit too emotional, and they do need a lot of love, but they give so much so in return. My Dal Carmina Burrana passed away a year ago this May. I think of her everyday. She was my loyal friend. I want to get another so badly, but I'm holding off for personal reasons. Hopefully one day I will be in the right circumstance to have another. I'm not a big fan of smaller dogs, I think they are cute, I'm just partial to the bigger breeds. But there is a guy down south who is breeding Mini Dalmatians. They are the size of a Dal puppy, they just never get big. Dalmatian's are really really darling when they are puppy size. This might be a good option for me.
I know I've posted her picture already on this thread, but I can't post here without putting her picture up again.

Shearer

Practically Family
Awww, Daisy, Carmina was beautiful! Very photogenic in that first picture of her ;) They sound a lot like whippets. Whippets will follow you from room to room for a little lovin'. They can be hyper like dalmatian... When Monty was a pup, he used to spin in circles for no reason at all :D

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Amber DeCadence said:
this is my 3 year old kitty, Miss Mini Minsky lol

mini4.jpg

I absolutely love when kitties let the tips of their tongues hang out of their mouths!!!! It's like they lick themselves and forget to put their tongues away. lol

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
Cute!
2 out of my 3 pugs at a party.
IMAG0493.jpg

I ADORE all of these babies, all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

..but those two pugs stole my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I send a million kisses to them ( am I allowed????? please don't say no) :D

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Of course! Everyone is allowed to kiss the pugs. If you are wondering where the third pug was for this picture, he was sitting on a couch between two beautiful ladies and didn't want to get up! They really are sweet. That is why they get invited to parties and on long car trips across country.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Oh, everyone has such beautiful pets, my little girl has passed away, not recently but I still miss her. As soon as we move into our new house we want to get a couple of dogs. My hubby wants a Bull Dog and I want another Bull Terrier. Keep posting the cute pics.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
I love seeing everyone's darling critters!

I have Miss Lulu Belle, a 18 month Bichon Frise tomboy:

47b7dd34b3127cce821a2772f81700000016100JZOG7Zm1Yo

and Olivia (de Havilland) my 14+ year old kitten. She was a rescue, thanks to my old V8 heap breaking down on the way to San Francisco one day in 1992.

47b7dd34b3127cce821a3ae5392600000015100JZOG7Zm1Yo

Kim_B

Practically Family
Oooh, you all are making it very hard to not want a pet right now!!

We aren't home enough to justify having any kind of pet - I am a dog girl through and through; I just melt every time I see one! About two years ago we (ok, I) took in a stray beagle. He was the sweetest thing ever, but just couldn't handle being in the house. He had been on the run for so long that he was a loner. Every time we took him out to do his business, he'd get distracted by the bunnies and try to chase them! In turn, he'd end up doing his business in the house. When we found him, he was skin and bones and his paws were raw from wandering the streets. We bathed him, fed him, and loved him like he was our own. It became too much to handle, so we had to take him to the local (no-kill) shelter and hope for the best. I miss poor Buster (aptly named as he looked just like a peanut buster parfait from Dairy Queen)! I don't have a photo of him saved on this computer, but will post one when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks for sharing your pets, every one...they are all so lovely!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
Amy, your Dal is soooo cute. I love dalmatians. They are such a great breed. Aside from their major hyperness, they are loyal and loving. They can be a bit too emotional, and they do need a lot of love, but they give so much so in return. My Dal Carmina Burrana passed away a year ago this May. I think of her everyday. She was my loyal friend. I want to get another so badly, but I'm holding off for personal reasons. Hopefully one day I will be in the right circumstance to have another. I'm not a big fan of smaller dogs, I think they are cute, I'm just partial to the bigger breeds. But there is a guy down south who is breeding Mini Dalmatians. They are the size of a Dal puppy, they just never get big. Dalmatian's are really really darling when they are puppy size. This might be a good option for me.

Lola (my Dal!) is sooooo good! When she was a puppy she was a terror -- if it wasn't for her being so darn pretty I think I'd have given her away! She used to chew my furniture and she once chewed up a whole section of carpet!! But as she's gotten older (she just turned 8 in February) she's calmed down a LOT. Most of the time she just lies on her over-priced princess bed that we bought her (like she needed to be spoiled more!) Every night she gets a snuggle session and 3 walks a day. She LOVES to get snuggles!

Lola is quite shy and neurotic. She doesn't like meeting new people. It's only when she gets to know them that she'll open up and start demanding snuggles from them! When my husband first came over form England to meet/visit me, Lola HATED him. She growled at him and would wedge her way between us if we were sitting too close! Now she adores him. She HATES other dogs. She doesn't fight, she just gets very nervous. My sister had her dogs over one time and Lola started throwing up everywhere.

And this might sound weird, but Lola is terrified of squeaky dog toys!!! My sister left a plush squeaky bone in my living room one time and for some reason, Lola was scared to go in the living room. I didn't know why for a while but then I realised there was a squeaky toy under the magazine rack!! As soon as I removed it from the room, Lola went back into the living room!

So yes, Dal's can be emotional and neurotic, but that's why I love them. Your's is soooo cute!! I'm also a fan of the bigger dogs. I prefer short haired, too. But I love bullies and pugs!! I have a thing for those cute/ugly type of dogs! I also like LOTS of jowels!!! Neopolitan Mastiffs are jowely and sooooo cute!! Dogs are the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou