Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question[s] about a Stetson[s]

suitedcboy

One Too Many
OK, this has to be a mean prank. Somebody puts a well photographed pristine Stetson 100 in my size on here as a $50 find at a second hand store and says they didn't buy it. No address either.
Go ahead and tell me you found a 67 Corvette with a 427 and side pipes that an angered divorcing lady wants to sell for a $100 'cause here ex said to sell it and send him the money to the Bahamas where he's holed up with his 20-something blonde bomb secretary.
I can't get a break, I answer the door for the Publisher's Clearinghouse crew holding the Big check and they have the wrong address!!!

MCrider

A-List Customer
suitedcboy said:
Go ahead and tell me you found a 67 Corvette with a 427 and side pipes that an angered divorcing lady wants to sell for a $100 'cause here ex said to sell it and send him the money to the Bahamas where he's holed up with his 20-something blonde bomb secretary.

Funny you should mention that about the '67...

lol lol lol

Actually the price was a thousand, but I still think I got a deal!
:p

Get the hat man....

50 bucks is a decent price. If the hat fits you and is in very good + condition, I think it is worth the 50 bucks.

If still undecided, at least get the information on the lid, size, what is written on the sweat band; or on the liner and post it for more accurate help. Maybe one of the Loungers would even want it if you didn't.

Snap a few pics if the shop owner would not mind and post them.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
If its really a Stetson 100 with a wide ribbon in good comdition with its box, stop what you are doing and go back to the store. If you think the $50.00 is too much someone here will snap it up for your considerable profit.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
This is the first Stetson 100 with a wide ribbon that I can remember around here. What about you folks that have been around a lot longer than I?

DeVillain, I hope you bought that hat!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
This is the first Stetson 100 with a wide ribbon that I can remember around here. What about you folks that have been around a lot longer than I?

I remember seeing one many moons ago on the 'Bay...

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
CRH said:

That might not be a Stetson 100

DeVillain said:
Here is a picture as best an approximation I can find of what it looked like (It didn't have a lip around the edge - but the colouring and style was similar elsewise):

DeVillain

New in Town
Okay guys...wasn't a Stetson (I was pretty disappointed after you guys had built up how great their hats are). I went back today and this time I took pictures. Here they are (Yep quality sucks on the pics, snapped with my phone):

img0028kx.jpg

img0027wi.jpg

img0026we.jpg

img0025nt.jpg

img0022ku.jpg

img0024pq.jpg

img0023ii.jpg

img0021pb.jpg

The funny thing, the box said Resistol on it but the hat was a Wyndham - hmph. The top part of the hat was really easy to push in - I grabbed it from the upper back part and it dented in easily (but also went back out easily) not sure if this is good or bad since I don't own any proper fedoras. So like I said, guy wanted $50 for this hat. I was too aggravated from it not being what I expected so I just walked out (plus other things, such as the people on the drive over that got on my nerves or the annoying people in the store where I was looking at the hat - basically I wasted my time for nothing and ruined what was a good day before I took this trip...). But there are the pictures anyway, I doubt it's worth his price now not even being a Stetson...yes I'm :( and :rage:

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
If it fits you and you like it and it doesn't have any issues (the sweatband concerns me a bit) you just have to decide how much it is worth it to you.
At $50 there probably isn't any "room" in it for resale but not a bad price if you are going to keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21