Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Questions About the United States Navy Peacoat

trentstanton

Familiar Face
I am interested. Please send basic measurements.

TNX
PXL_20230211_013532219.jpg
PXL_20230211_013647261.MP.jpg
PXL_20230211_013558305.jpg
PXL_20230211_013645127.MP.jpg
PXL_20230211_013622084.MP.jpg

spotmark

Familiar Face
Sneakers provide a modern, fresh look. I like. them...personally. But I I do like my boots too.
Don't get me wrong. I'll still throw on a pair of sneakers with my peacoat, but boots just polish the look. And with a pair of Chukkas, or the Thursdays, you can still cuff your Salvedge. ;)

spotmark

Familiar Face
Couldn't open the page. Will try later. What specifically do you want an opinion on?
Looks to be a coveted 1949. Looks to be in nice shape and a reasonable price.

Edit - I didn't look close enough. I missed the no contract number of the 1949.

Last edited:

trentstanton

Familiar Face
Finally got it to open. This is advertised as a "WWII era." It isn't. It is a post war coat, probably barely Post War in 1945.
Yea I was assuming it wasn't war time simply due to the buttons. From pics it looks well cared. Most other coats for sale currently in decent condition are $100+. Anyways thanks for chiming in.

Dudley

Familiar Face
It was

It was, thanks!
I will be interested in your report on the finish/fabric of your 1949 Jacket score. My 1949 is a bit heavier feeling and the finish is more textured compared with my WWII's which has a stiff, smooth, more refined look and feel. My 1966 also has a more refined texture. So I will wear the more refined jacket with a collared shirt, and the more textured/informal version with a sweater. It is nice to have both. But at the end of the day, the peacoat is one of the most versatile jackets. I am splitting hairs.

trentstanton

Familiar Face
I will be interested in your report on the finish/fabric of your 1949 Jacket score. My 1949 is a bit heavier feeling and the finish is more textured compared with my WWII's which has a stiff, smooth, more refined look and feel. My 1966 also has a more refined texture. So I will wear the more refined jacket with a collared shirt, and the more textured/informal version with a sweater. It is nice to have both. But at the end of the day, the peacoat is one of the most versatile jackets. I am splitting hairs.
Interesting. Will definitely report back. I think this one dates to 1945 considering it has "100% wool ornamentation" and anchors in the corners of tag. I could be wrong though, that's just what I got from the dating guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy