Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick cost question

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
I bought a three piece suit today, my first, but the vest is a bit big. It has large armholes, which i dont think can be remedied, but what im more interested in doing is having it taken it. How much does this usually cost?
Thanks,
Wolfe

Bugsy

One Too Many
WolfeMan said:
I bought a three piece suit today, my first, but the vest is a bit big. It has large armholes, which i dont think can be remedied, but what im more interested in doing is having it taken it. How much does this usually cost?
Thanks,
Wolfe

I don't think the cost will be that much, but what really matters is having a suit fit properly. A good tailor can do wonders. Go to a professional and ask for advice.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Costs depend on how much work needs to be done. Time = $. If it's an easy fix like taking in the sides maybe $20; something more complex up to maybe $50. Just guesstimates as prices can vary from shop to shop.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Bugsy said:
I don't think the cost will be that much, but what really matters is having a suit fit properly. A good tailor can do wonders. Go to a professional and ask for advice.
I couldn't agree more. I learned a long time ago to never under-estimate my tailor. I find, however, that price can GREATLY vary depending on a number of factors, first and foremost being the tailor.

Tailor Tom

One of the Regulars
My thoughts...

Prices vary greatly depending upon the work to be done, the construction techniques involved and the region in which you live. Most reputable tailors will give out nothing but vague pricing over the phone and not seeing the garments.
The telling issue is that a great tailor is worth the price, and ultimately goes above and beyond his pay for a perfectly fitted and finished garment.

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
10 dollars and i will have it Tuesday, hopefully they did a good job so i can wear it to school Wednesday.
Thanks for the help,
Wolfe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24