Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quickie Boot Size Question

apba1166

A-List Customer
In order to make a simple question more elaborate and confusing may I offer this: I have Redwings that are good at 10 and 43. I have Merrell's that are a bit long at 10 and 44 and too tight at 9.5 and 43. I have New Balance a bit short at 10 and 44, but as sneakers that lace to toe, not a problem. And I have some dress shoes a bit big at 10.5 and 43 and 44. I wear them all, I'm not too picky, but I'm thinking of mail-ordering a pair from Argentina where my only choice is 43 or 44. I was thinking 44, but now that I've thought about it a bit more, 43. In my experience, all my SA stuff runs toward bigger than sized.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Here you go:
It's a table from a PUMA box and it's correct as far as I am concerned. Euro sizes are described as "France". Don't know why this is so because PUMA and Adidas are among THE German brands.
Anyway, here's the pic. As you can see size US 10 is a clear 43.

5201467849_f368d7c18b_z.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Sizing often varies between brands (even between models by the same maker) so it's always best to try a shoe on for fit. Absent that option, I would contact the seller and ask their opinion on fit; hopefully they know their product. Be armed with your US size obtained using the Brannock Device. Giving them your size in various brands won't help much unless they happen to stock those brands. Also, make sure the seller has a liberal return policy...;)

BTW, what boots are you looking at?

apba1166

A-List Customer
Thanks. 43 it is then. I have to go to shoemaker today so I'll do a Brannock there. All my stuff needs special orthotics both shoes and lifts inside and out on the right side, so it's always messy no matter what. Here's one of a number of Argentinian artisan leather places. The two fancy shops are Casa Lopez and Rossi Caruso, if you are ever in Buenos Aires (where I wish I was right now).

http://en.elboyero.com/Handcrafted-...twear/Men-Footwear/Capybara-leather-boots.asp

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Love those references on the bottom of the chart! Nice to see some humor on packaging.
Here you go:
It's a table from a PUMA box and it's correct as far as I am concerned. Euro sizes are described as "France". Don't know why this is so because PUMA and Adidas are among THE German brands.
Anyway, here's the pic. As you can see size US 10 is a clear 43.

5201467849_f368d7c18b_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy