Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren plaid suit

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Recently got this from my good friend Ghosassasin --Ray

Ralph Lauren Plaid three piece. For It I trade vintage.

I was going to get one made.. still have yards of wool for other suits. I love the look. I had several suits made when i was much bigger.. some of those shops wont let me in because I was too picky. I want what I want and many companies can't make what I want.

Now with me at a good size It's time to start tailor hunting again.

I'll take some pics of the suit off my back soon so you can see details.

What do you think.

IMG_5628-vi.jpg

MattDeckard-vi.jpg

Ball030.jpg

JosephKatherine.jpg

It's still snug though give me time.

There are two tailors in Beverly hills I will profile soon and I am going to have Jorge in Long Beach make me more trousers. You'll see that in a month or so.

I loved this suit in the pics you posted a couple days ago from some dance or other. Very nice. Do you have a close-up of the fabric? It's a Prince of Wales check, right?

I particularly like the lapels. I've seen many modern repro SBPL jackets. This one has the most authentically 30s styled (think Anthony Eden and Samuel Hoare) lapels that i've seen.

The waistcoat seems to have a nice high opening, too ...

sweet

bk

ah, there you go editing. yes those are the pics/

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Well it would probably never fit me right and I saw how your face lit up when you tried it on. I would've been quite the villain if I didn't let you have it. I'm glad it was worth your time to swing by!

Cheers,
Ray

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Who is that handsome guy in that very good looking suit? Oh My, it's Matt!! How wonderfully handsome you look. I really like that suit, it looks great on you, love the lapels and the waist coat. You wear it well:eusa_clap

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Matt Deckard said:
though I need to take off more fat.

FYI, you probably have three inches to let out in the jacket and maybe two inches in the trousers. But certainly, it's best to drop the weight.

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Matt, the suit is stunning. I just love the peak lapels. Is this a Ralph Lauren Purple Label or is it a Blue Label piece? Do you know what year it is from?

Baron Kurtz said:
This one has the most authentically 30s styled (think Anthony Eden and Samuel Hoare) lapels that i've seen.

Samuel Hoare? Ugh!

From Wikipedia:

When Eden had his first audience with King George V, who is said to have remarked "No more coals to Newcastle, no more Hoares to Paris."

mikepara

Practically Family
Nice, very nice indeed..

...Great suit. Seeing you in that just convinced me to take a hard look at POW checks, never considered them before ..You just swung by Ray's huh?:rolleyes:

Whats with everyone taking a pop at the size for! Matt said he needed to free a couple of pounds already! You deaf? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael