Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren

Feraud

Bartender
Fletch said:
How much of this low-waisted, tight-thigh'd look is driven by what men will actually wear, vs how much of it comes from fashionista peer pressure on the designers to follow some imaginary male ideal? Inquiring minds wanna know...
Probably more of the latter. If narrow cut, low waisted pants are all that is available to men, they will have to wear it.

I prefer to see fit options offered and let the market decide who wants to wear what.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
How much of this low-waisted, tight-thigh'd look is driven by what men will actually wear, vs how much of it comes from fashionista peer pressure on the designers to follow some imaginary male ideal? Inquiring minds wanna know...
Expanding waistlines REALLY wanna know!
BTW, Fletch, LOVE the new avatar. That could reperesent a lot of us. And sesquicoastal? Meaning one and a half coasts, meaning Iowa? I get it. You're such a clever lad!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Rugby

When I was in New York i stopped by the Rugby shop with Ray and checkoed out several of their goods from the Cooperstown BallCaps to the belted tweed jackets and their mod style suits.

One thing I thought pretty spot on except for the width being a bit too narrow and the length being too long were the ties. Made very much like 1930's ties. I ironed the end out to splay a little wider for the more authentic look. I'm happy to see them in production.

No lining in the tip... 1930's style finished edges.
IMG_3959-vi.jpg

Canvas lined
IMG_3962-vi.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:

Actually I see it a lot.
I suspect that young men really like the fit as it reminds them more of jeans.
And of course, the skinny jeans are everywhere now.

metropd

One Too Many
I have him in his grey double breasted chalkstripe 6x1 suit and solid black tie in forbes right on my kitchen counter. I will try and find a way to put it online. Is it just me or does the lapel not cross over enough to x1 on the 6x1. As it looks caught between symetrical and
A- symetrical....anyways he still looks great.

Feraud

Bartender
Matt Deckard said:
Very now indeed... though I do think it's high time wide legs returned... though to look proper they need the high waists.

I was at a shop recently and looking at a pair of men's dress pants by Sean John. They had a ticket on it that specifically mentioned 'wide leg'.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
RL Pants (pics)

Yes, they are just pants. But I did look and ask in the RL store to see if there was anything jacket wise in this lovely heavy cotton herringbone that I could match up to make a suit with!! Because on more than one occasion these 'bags' have been mistaken for vintage. So to have a single breast, peak lapel jacket in this fabric would be fabulous!!Sadly 'not.'

RalphLaurenPants009.jpg

RL2.jpg

RL1.jpg

withpaddyatthebartoscanr0.jpg

Freddie

New in Town
I bought a pair of Ralph Lauren pants second hand a few months ago, clearly inspired by the Hollywood waist and with cuffed legs. I've got to get some pictures of them, they're really lovely.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
I was in Hong Kong recently and the RL store was full of tweed. It looked like a bus full of elderly gamekeepers had gone over a cliff and someone was selling off their effects. As you say, they have the style but not the material.

Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran