Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ratting......

Rainbow

Familiar Face
Hi ladies, I'm new here. This is a Wonderful site. I was reading where you were talking about ratting your hair before curling. I'm not sure what that is, but I need to try something new......I have been using little foam rollers and have very fine hair.....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ratting is teasing or backcombing the hair. You can use a comb or a bristle brush, depends on how tight you want it.
This is my favorite comb for teasing,
http://www.mareeandre.com/pincomb.html

Just hold a section of hair up, (I usually curl it first), and comb towards scalp quickly about 4-10 times. Then mist with hairspray. You can use a bristle brush to lightly go over the outside of the hair to soften, then roll up into your victory rolls, ect. and pin.

Rat is also a term for foam structures that you can mold your hair around to acheive rolls or fullness. They can also be made from human hair saved from your brush, stuffing an old nylon, or anything else you can think of to use as a base for a hairdo.
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart