Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Re-enactors at Amberley 2008

Windsock

A-List Customer
I snapped these guys 2 weeks ago just as I was leaving the RAAF's Amberley Airshow.

Interesting how everyone seems to do Airborne of one type or another- seen as more glamorous I guess....unfortunately no Aircrew.

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Not unless they start letting guys on the planes.

For the hardcore reenactor anyway, ground forces are more glamorous. They get to the heart of the matter. You can't play much battle, or even shoot, when portraying aircrew; you're a display, and usually a static display.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting those Andrew, looks like a fun day.

By the way, are you going down to Geelong for the airshow in March? We'll be there so might be an opportunity to meet and have a few beers.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Love those Dennison smocks ! Years ago I bought a Re-issue 59 pattern that they reproduced using original screens. Unfortunately I did not have foresight to order a larger size. I read alot of the Para's bought them to use but were not authorized. So some were made in DPM I wish I could have ordered one of those. Besides the Viet-Nam era Tigerstripe DPM is one of my favorite Camo patterns.

Windsock

A-List Customer
Smithy said:
Thanks for posting those Andrew, looks like a fun day.

By the way, are you going down to Geelong for the airshow in March? We'll be there so might be an opportunity to meet and have a few beers.

Tim, not likely next year, i've been to a couple now and they focus on the heavy metal mainly as it's primarily a trade fair with airchow tacked on. Plus the last time I went I had a string of disasters creating an 8 hour hell of getting back home to Noosa starting with massive crowds, missing the train, the taxi I managed to get cought fire (rear wheel) and I was booked on a Virgin Flight where I knew the Capt and I was to sit in the jump seat. They held the plane as long as possible but shut the aerobridge door in my red and panting face with a polite "sorry".

So probably not but if anything changes i'll let you know. Last time I went I met up with another fellow from the VLJ.

A better event to get to is the Temora Museum flying days once a month. They have the best classic aricraft collection in the Country.

Here's a shot of the general aviation at Amberly anyway.

collage1.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the pics Andrew, really looks like it was fantastic. Didn't know there was a Meatbox flying there as well, brilliant!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Fantastic photos.

Our group does aircrew, usually just bog standard lanc crew and also fighter command (Sgt pilots!)

oldcrew-1.jpg

They can and do do Brit Airborne, but because we have links to a veterans group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran