Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Re-lining Aero Barnstormer jacket

markforce

New in Town
My first Aero jacket was a black FQHH Barnstormer with a reiver weight Thompson Grey Tartan Lining.
THG-CTRVThompsonGreyReiverTartanOrg__08281_1410571651_1280_1280.jpg
Great fit color-wise imho.. BUT: not very warm. I had decided against the Alpaca lining because I was afraid it might be too itchy. Plus, I really like the tartan and thought the jacket was going to be more 'special' with that lining (while I was at it going for the first custom made). I digress...
In the meantime I received the Wayfarer with the harris tweed, loving it, and yes, warmer, feels entirely different (may be stating the obvious). Which brings me to my question: you guys any experience with re-lining a jacket at Aero? Any pros and/or cons?
Thanks,
Mark

wdw

One Too Many
Never relined, but rather than reline for warmth I'd just keep the nice lining and wear a thin layer for flexibility.

Other than slightly reduced flexibility and more money, I can't think of any cons.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
IXL turned me on to a Patagonia Nanopuff jacket. It hardly has any bulk and is really warm. The leather jacket easily slides on over it (or some might prefer just the vest). It's theoretically for mountain climbers so warmth isn't just an afterthought. P.S. I have a merino lining and it isn't at all itchy (to me anyway).

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
You could go for a blanket lining or just the heaviest wool tartan possible. SimonC had his Hercules relined very successfully by Aero and it looks stunning.

markforce

New in Town
Thanks guys. I will start adding a layer, which I guess would be the easy / most common sense way, and see how I deal through winter. Should I feel like 're-work' is needed, I can always approach Aero in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy