Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

real mccoy in new zealand

kojax

Practically Family
i wonder if the real mccoy is still in buusiness after the earth quake poor people out there unreal.

subject101

One of the Regulars
They are located very close to the cathedral and as far as I know, the cathedral was destroyed. This doesn't look well, hope they are ok.

I thought their production was asian, though.

Last edited:
I went passed today and it was still standing, but closed as are most businesses. Email is unreliable at the moment as is the phone system.
Real Mccoys is situated outside the CBD to the South West. There is lots of damage to this area with liquefaction and roads cracking with only weaken buildings form Septembers quake coming down.
I was in the CBD when it hit. It was a very fast, massive impact unlike the long rolling 7.1 of September 2010 which hammered the north east where I live. This time we were spared and the quake hit the South east badly.
I did a job for the lines company yesterday inside the cordon very close the PGC building that came down. The images on the TV do not show the scale of damage in this area, whole blocks have been very severely damaged beyond repair with little hope for those inside. It’s a scary place to be with aftershocks bouncing around.
I'm back in Christchurch on Monday my office is nearby so will see if I can find out any more info.
I have been lucky so far with minimal damage to the house and contents but my heart goes out to those families who are missing loved ones.

Last edited:

bentusian

One of the Regulars
Hope all TFL members in the concerned area are OK, along with the RMNZ/The Few. Last time I checked with The Few's Japanese dealer he only got the answering machine..

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
New Zealand home to the usual low life.

I was dissapointed to read in the news that looters have been out in large numbers stealing from the wreckage of Christchurch & the displaced and even the dead!

It seems there is a type of person who has no self-respect & none for the victims of misfortune or calamity. No good can come of it.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I was dissapointed to read in the news that looters have been out in large numbers stealing from the wreckage of Christchurch & the displaced and even the dead!

It seems there is a type of person who has no self-respect & none for the victims of misfortune or calamity. No good can come of it.

I always thought that there was no such problem in NZ!?!

I really hope that all are fine for RMNZ and The Few.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I went passed today and it was still standing, but closed as are most businesses. Email is unreliable at the moment as is the phone system.
Real Mccoys is situated outside the CBD to the South West. There is lots of damage to this area with liquefaction and roads cracking with only weaken buildings form Septembers quake coming down.
I was in the CBD when it hit. It was a very fast, massive impact unlike the long rolling 7.1 of September 2010 which hammered the north east where I live. This time we were spared and the quake hit the South east badly.
I did a job for the lines company yesterday inside the cordon very close the PGC building that came down. The images on the TV do not show the scale of damage in this area, whole blocks have been very severely damaged beyond repair with little hope for those inside. It’s a scary place to be with aftershocks bouncing around.
I'm back in Christchurch on Monday my office is nearby so will see if I can find out any more info.
I have been lucky so far with minimal damage to the house and contents but my heart goes out to those families who are missing loved ones.

Pleased to hear you and yours are OK.

All my family were lucky as well although my sister had a very lucky escape from her building in the CBD and saw a lot of things which one shouldn't have to see. My poor old Dad's resthome is in a bit of a state, damaged and no running water or sewage. Dear old Dad was making light of it and having a laugh about it over the phone yesterday.

I had a terrifying 5 hours where I didn't know whether they were OK due to all the phone services being buggered. Felt completely helpless being here and not able to do anything.

Hopefully RMNZ will be back to work soon but that's dependent on a number of factors.

As I said in the Antipodean thread, kia kaha Christchurch.

NowOrNever.

There are a few scum in all areas wanting to take advantage of a situation. In total there have been 8 arrests last night for looting. The courts are coming down hard on anyone caught. One was caught stealing light fittings??.

The good news is that the rest of Canterbury is sticking together to cook, bake, and supply food for those displaced. A 10,000 strong arm of student volunteers are out cleaning the streets. Scouts have cook 1000's of meals. Residents of a North Canterbury town are cooking meals all day then flying these hot meals in by helicopter with their own money. Helicopters don't come cheap.

We are baking with the kids this afternoon for a food run Monday morning.
This morning I am putting the house straight and having a clean now that the aftershocks are slowing down.

I'm thinking bring back the town square stocks! Public humiliation.

Last edited:

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
NowOrNever.

There are a few scum in all areas wanting to take advantage of a situation. In total there have been 8 arrests last night for looting. The courts are coming down hard on anyone caught. One was caught stealing light fittings??.

The good news is that the rest of Canterbury is sticking together to cook, bake, and supply food for those displaced. A 10,000 strong arm of student volunteers are out cleaning the streets. Scouts have cook 1000's of meals. Residents of a North Canterbury town are cooking meals all day then flying these hot meals in by helicopter with their own money. Helicopters don't come cheap.

We are baking with the kids this afternoon for a food run Monday morning.
This morning I am putting the house straight and having a clean now that the aftershocks are slowing down.

I'm thinking bring back the town square stocks! Public humiliation.

I agree that in all communities there are always some individuals that will take advantage of others, or profit from misfortune. I have no doubt that the law & courts will deal with them appropiately.

I am still shocked by the scenes shown on TV and the accounts I have read of the scale of devistation. I am glad to hear that the vast majority of residents are supporting each other in starting to overcome the difficulties faced.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I Am so sorry about what has happened in Christchurch, I have friends there who thankfully are ok, although their house has some damage. CHC used to be a really lovely city, I have stayed there a couple of times, I hope they they will be able to rebuild in a good way rather than ugly modern buildings which would look out of place there. Downunder is having a sad time at the moment what with the CHC Earth quakes and the flooding in Queensland, NSW & Victoria in Australia which were also delightful locations. Keep your spirits up Aussies & Kiwis, your British friends are thinking of you. Rgds.

Last edited:

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Thanks Stevieboy. I dont live in Christchurch but have friends and family there, who are all safe thank goodness. Even though I dont live in Christchurch I feel a deep sence of sadness. Its devestating what has happened. The whole nation has been shaken by last weeks earthquake :( I feel helpless here in Auckland while so many people are suffering in Christchurch.

Ok here is that update I promised....

I drove down to RMNZ today to find Paddy and her team busy making those beautiful jackets again.

Paddy explain that they had to wait for building clearance as they had quite a lot of liquefaction some of which entered the factory so there was a bit of a mess to clean up.

I think there was more than a bit to clean up. That area of Christchurch took a right old bashing.

Everyone got out safely and was unharmed with minimum damage to stock and equipment.

They are busy getting ready for a big trade showroom so there are some splendid jackets hanging around the place....a B6 took my fancy...just awesome.

They are all a little worried as Japan is their biggest market and we all know what has happened there. So If you are thinking of getting a new jacket, stop and think of RMNZ they have some fantastic product!

It would be a shame to lose them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff