Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Received leather samples from Amanda

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I just received some leather samples from Amanda for my custom Aero A-2. I'm almost sure I'm going with their Bronco contract after ButteMT61 pictures :eek: it really catched my eye.

I liked a lot their jerky goat but I already have a similar ELC A-2 in russet brown. This time, I'm going for seal horse. One thing I notice is their smooth and jerky horse are quite similar. The smooth horse sample is still some jerky and I like this fact.

So I'm undecided between seal jerky or seal smooth horse. What do you think is better for an A-2?

BTW, I didn't the oil pull thing at all.

Well..I have an Aero in the smooth seal HH..and it is quite 'smooth'..but has grained up 'somewhat' over the years. However my jerky HH Aero A2 was more naturally grainy from the start..and with wear is quite a bit grainier than the smooth HH. I think the leather samples can sometimes be a little deceptive to what the whole actual jacket will really look like.
The Bronco is one of my favorites..and also the '38 Aero with a little added body length.
I bet you'd like the Bronco fit.
HD

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Thanks for your input HoosierD :)

Well..I have an Aero in the smooth seal HH..and it is quite 'smooth'..but has grained up 'somewhat' over the years.

Yes, the smooth HH sample I've got is not a totally polished surface at all. I think both HH would make a good A-2. Still undecided :eusa_doh: :eek:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I like to see the natural evolution of the grain so I'd vote for "less jerky" horsehide. But I am not one of those guys that'd ever throw my $1K leather jacket in the washer/dryer either :lol:

Let hard wear, time, and Mother Nature do its thing.

Last edited:

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Can you photograph the jerky and post it?

I have no camera at this time, sorry [huh]

Is Jerky chrome tanned?

I have no idea. I received two samples of seal brown, one jerky HH, one smooth HH or "less jerky". The smooth one is darker than the jerky one. The smooth backside is seal brown too, like if the paint passed through its surface and tinted the back. The jerky backside is clear.

I like to see the natural evolution of the grain so I'd vote for "less jerky" horsehide.

I've been watching carefully both samples and so far, I'm towards the jerky one :) However I think the "less jerky" HH would make a great A-2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn