Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Reconstructing History" banner ad

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I feel it's fine. The Fedora Lounge needs money for its operational costs, and Loungers aren't offering to make any monetary donations to it. Banner ads are a way to keep the joint from folding.

If "RRL", "Mister Freedom" and "reVamp" aren't calling but "Reconstructing History" is, then hooray for "Reconstructing History". :eusa_clap

Last edited:

rue

I think it's great!

Also.... I vote we have a donation button. A lot of forums have them and I know I would definitely donate to keep this place going, as I'm sure others would. I really wish the bartenders would consider it [huh]

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Anybody inspected those RRL wears? the lookbook for their tailored stuff is interesting. i've always found RL jackets have a strange fit - though I only own one of their proper suits.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Of course a sponsor gets something for his money. Their homepage design could need some updates though.
Pictures of the actual suit might be a helpful idea too.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
I agree that the lack of pictures is rather off-putting. All kudos for producing vintage reproductions, however and for advertising on this site. If anybody has any first-hand experience with this company please do share them with us.

The 'Donate' button is a great idea. Count me in.

A

Edward

Bartender
What is it? I hadn't noticed it before this thread, to be honest. I never pay any attention to banner ads anywhere. [huh]

Edward

Bartender
Ah, just spotted it at the top of this page.... Looks like a costumier place. I'd be wary of buying for lack of photos (doubly so where the only picture is a screen grab from a television show - that could land them with issues should the copyright owner see it), but fair play to them - their content is relevant to this website, and they're prepared to pay for the advertising slot. And more companies on the market doing civilian repro wear for me is always a plus. Personally, I'd prefer relevant advertising like this if that keeps the place running and funded.

Edward

Bartender
I feel it's fine. The Fedora Lounge needs money for its operational costs, and Loungers aren't offering to make any monetary donations to it. Banner ads are a way to keep the joint from folding.

If "RRL", "Mister Freedom" and "reVamp" aren't calling but "Reconstructing History" is, then hooray for "Reconstructing History". :eusa_clap

Agreed on all counts. Donations are all very well, but it's hardly a reliable income stream (believe me, I've known enough people working in the charity sector, even in big name organisations with very popular causes...).

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And more companies on the market doing civilian repro wear for me is always a plus. Personally, I'd prefer relevant advertising like this if that keeps the place running and funded.
:arated:

Yes. More to choose and less danger we are all wearing the same clothes.^^

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Ah, just spotted it at the top of this page.... Looks like a costumier place. I'd be wary of buying for lack of photos (doubly so where the only picture is a screen grab from a television show - that could land them with issues should the copyright owner see it), but fair play to them - their content is relevant to this website, and they're prepared to pay for the advertising slot. And more companies on the market doing civilian repro wear for me is always a plus. Personally, I'd prefer relevant advertising like this if that keeps the place running and funded.

I've been considering buying thier women's jodhpurs pattern for my wife, she wants a pair but can't find vintage in her size. I've heard that they are very helpful with regards to their patterns, I've never heard anything about the clothes.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
We're very pleased to have Reconstructing History as an advertiser at The Fedora Lounge. I'm sure they will add to this discussion as well. In working with them to set things up here, they've been a joy to deal with and unfailingly courteous.
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, Reconstructing History.

Edward

Bartender
:arated:

Yes. More to choose and less danger we are all wearing the same clothes.^^

Exactly! Please don't anyone misinterpret this as a stab at re-enactors / living history, but it's always refreshing to see vintage events where the men have more to choose from for a period look than military uniforms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails