Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Record Album Purses

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Hey check out this jewel of a purse I got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52473&item=4707066625
(Yeah, I admit-I am a big Huey Lewis fan).

Anyway, it got me to thinking...you could easily do the same thing with vintage albums from the 1940s. I emailed the lady that made the Huey purse to inquire how much it'd be if a buyer provides their own album...she said it'd be $30 plus $7 shippingj, otherwise her purses are $35. Scroll down through the auction...she actually puts part of the real album on the purse. She has a really cute Marilyn Monroe one up right now that is ending soon. I love the Grease movie ones she has. I'm looking at having an Indiana Jones or Star WArs one done up if I can find an album cheap enough.

The purses aren't full album size...she has to crop them down.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Nope, I wasn't kidding, but no offense taken since I'm not familar with American Psycho. Huey is still a hottie in my book, which is why I now have a purse with his face splattered on it. LOL!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Interesting idea for a purse. They remind me of cigar box purses, which are fairly easy to make yourself (they now sell unfinished cigar boxes with wooden handles at your local craft store.) There are a couple of eBay sellers who list these purses for around $40, but I think you could make your own custom purse for much less than that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran