Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red or Black? Ladies, I need your help!

cynroux

Familiar Face
Girls...I need your opinions because I can't make up my mind. I'm attending the Marine Corps Birthday Ball with my beloved husband this Saturday. After serving 23 years in the Corps, he gets to skip any fashion decisions by wearing his oh-so-dashing Evening Dress Blues. Me? I get to agonize over what to wear to compliment him. And this is where you come in. Help me decide.

Red? A late 40's/early 50s custom silk cocktail dress with a lovely bustle detail in the back, vintage snake skin pumps and a blonde mink stole.
4074249556_3b86af31d1.jpg

Or Black? An early 50s Gertrude Feld black silk, formal length evening dress that explodes at the knee with bows and crinolines. The cut outs at the shoulders are quite nice too. Vintage black suede and silk pumps and that gorgeous fox wrap I recently acquired round it out.
4074249550_83bbe42246.jpg

Thanks ladies!

Hestia

Familiar Face
Red!

Red! I love the silhouette of that one, plus red will stand out so nicely against the sea of dress blues.

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
Red or Black

Everyone has very valid points! I vote Black as well! so, so far thats more votes on the black frock then red one!
Sorry!to bad that coral/red one didn't have a "sister" in Black though! It really does your figure top notch! (Bunny Bixler would say, "Top Drawer!")

crazydaisy

Practically Family
The black outfit looks more put together, more rounded to say. In the other one the reds of the accessories clash with the red of the dress. Although I will say that red shade of the dress really suits you!

cynroux

Familiar Face
Thanks so much Ladies, you're a great help.
One of the other things that I like about the black is it plays down my tattoos just a bit. I love my art, but sometimes it becomes the center of attention and nothing else gets discussed throughout the evening.

Looks like the red will be saved for another evening of cocktails. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters