Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reenactment Videos....

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Kurt seems to think the 12th SS is invincible. I'll give them the fact that they are a hard core unit and are good at what they do. Its not our fault the Allies never want to cooperate with one another and we have guys like Gary Harper who drive their tanks into trees. 82nd AB needs to come back to kick some sauerkraut a$$!!!

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
I seem to remember quite a few battles having captured the allied CP, taken lots of prisoners ( kaplan, hah), and disabled their abilities to make war..for about an hour:eusa_clap

p51

One Too Many
Guttersnipe said:
Whether it's American Civil War, Napoleonic, WW2 - or whatever - famous or Elite units are always over represented in reenacting.
But it wasn’t always like that. I know when I got into WW2 re-enacting in 1990, there seemed to be VERY few Airborne folks on the Allied side. I didn’t start seeing large groups of paratroopers until well into the mid 90s.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
p51 said:
But it wasn’t always like that. I know when I got into WW2 re-enacting in 1990, there seemed to be VERY few Airborne folks on the Allied side. I didn’t start seeing large groups of paratroopers until well into the mid 90s.

...And then Band Of Brothers happened.

cco23i

A-List Customer
I use to do 82nd here in Arizona in the 80's and we did 504th. We would come out for battles and such quite frequently. Now all I do is USAAF ground crew, a forgotten area of the war.

Scott

Davep

One of the Regulars
82nd Alive and Well

GranadaGuy617 said:
We still have the 101st 506th Easy boys... there is an 82nd with the RPS...but they are pretty much gone too.

Pretty much gone? I doubt they would agree with you. Several of us in my unit, are members of the 101st, and go to RPS battles, and I can tell you the 82nd is there. In fact several of them came out to the recent CHG PTO Battle, nice guys.

So I'm not sure how you reach that conclusion, that they are pretty much gone?

Photographs from the 82nd at a recent May event
http://www.ww2rps.com/gallery/0509/index.html

Their Website
http://chs82nd.homestead.com/505PIR.html

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
cco23i said:
I use to do 82nd here in Arizona in the 80's and we did 504th. We would come out for battles and such quite frequently. Now all I do is USAAF ground crew, a forgotten area of the war.

Scott
I remember you guys at Big Bear back in the 80s. One of you guys told me a funny story about an amputee and some Dynamite. It seems you guys had a battle in the AZ. You set off some Dynamite and had an amputee dressed up as a GI. You guys acted as if the guy lost his leg and it got in the Papers. One of you guys told me you guys got in big trouble. At the Big Bear battle I joined up with your unit as a "stray". Your unit was well led by a Reserve Captain I believe. I left the 505th at that battle and joined you when I saw how you operated. The CHG 82nd at the time was more like a mixed bag of shooters. You guys used a lot of small unit tactics and had some good leaders. The 82nd CHG splintered off into Nick Freidrich LHA, I was with both. The reason of the split was Nick felt the Germans ran the CHG. I agree only because they were the most organized. The Germans then (now) were pretty fanatical (no offense), dedicated.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
DutchIndo said:
I remember you guys at Big Bear back in the 80s. One of you guys told me a funny story about an amputee and some Dynamite. It seems you guys had a battle in the AZ. You set off some Dynamite and had an amputee dressed up as a GI. You guys acted as if the guy lost his leg and it got in the Papers. One of you guys told me you guys got in big trouble. At the Big Bear battle I joined up with your unit as a "stray". Your unit was well led by a Reserve Captain I believe. I left the 505th at that battle and joined you when I saw how you operated. The CHG 82nd at the time was more like a mixed bag of shooters. You guys used a lot of small unit tactics and had some good leaders. The 82nd CHG splintered off into Nick Freidrich LHA, I was with both. The reason of the split was Nick felt the Germans ran the CHG. I agree only because they were the most organized. The Germans then (now) were pretty fanatical (no offense), dedicated.

Its still like that to a point...not like it used to be. The general rule right now is 2 things...whomever has the most members and whomever has most vehicles has some power, thats what I've noticed from going to board meetings. ( lets see if I get corrected) The Germans are better organized because they are willing to work with eachother. They have a working communication system... between units. The Allies...not so much. We have radios and it seems that every unit works off a different radio freq or band width or doesn't have a radio capability at all. 2nd ID tried to get other units to work together we even loaned our radios out to the other units and that didn't work. I'm the Signal Corpsman in 2nd ID...radios fall under my jurisdiction - one battle I was made to be a liaison with 2nd AD because we had no way of our armor communicating with theirs, we make do kind of. But right now...2nd ID has a working Comm System...that will only work for us because no other unit is on the same page.

Davep

One of the Regulars
GranadaGuy617 said:
But right now...2nd ID has a beautifully working Comm System...that will only work for us because no other unit is on the same page.

There are several units which have beautifully working comm systems, they include 101st, 442nd, and the 35th. I know this becuase our unit gave them our extra radios, and we still have six for our unit.

All these radios work beautifully, but even if we were all on the same freq, then what?

The problem with universal comm, is it comes with one guy trying to lead the play-by-play action. Which we have seen on two occassion works for a hour or two and then falls apart.

As far as the German having radios, I've heard they don't have/uses radios, because there are internal debates over them looking "farbee" for their purposes. And the German have very high "authenicity" standards. The problem with most of these radios they are not "period correct" looking, i.e. people are using hiking style walkie talkies.

The radios we use, and the ones we gave the 101st and 35th are period correct looking "handie talkies"

IMG_0057.JPG

FinalVestige79

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran