Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Remembering New York"

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Somebody sent me the link to the Brooklyn section of this web site, but I'm posting the whole thing. Not very sophisticated, but fun.
I was born in Brooklyn, lived in Manhattan till age 8, then moved upstate, so a lot of this (most of it) is not part of my memories.
And of course, it's all seen through the rose colored glasses of nostalgia. Life wasn't near so perfect as the author of this web sites portrays it, but that's OK. ;)

http://www.screanews.us/NewYork/ContentsNewYork.html

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I particularly like the photos from the 1939 World's fair. If only the future had turned out half as amazingly designed as that. Ah well. We're getting there now, I think.

Cricket

Practically Family
Ohhh this had to be posted on deadline day here at the paper. lol
Well, the paper might be a little late today. This site has sucked me in, and I am hooked.

I better bookmark this and come back later. I could spend a long time in here. :eusa_clap

CharlieB

A-List Customer
Spent the weekend in NYC. Here is me in front of the Guggenheim museum. Frank LLoyd Wright is my favorite architect.

100_0942.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred