Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Can you explain the rubber on the front part of the sole? You mean the outside of the shoe? I'm curious!
Sometimes my english is lacking... What I meant is that the shoes have leather soles (=very sensitive to outdoor wear, pebbles create craters!). The heal has rubber enforcement, but not the front part of the sole (what is that called?). The space in-between the two doesn't touch the ground, so it can be left bare.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I just want to say that I'm a HUGE Re-mix fan. As of today I own three pairs, I can only buy a pair every other year or so, since I not only have to pay for the shoes and international shipping, but customs + taxes $75, and then atleast $40-50 at the cobbler's to put a rubber on the front part of the sole. Still, it's worth it!

Also a Re-mix fan, and have been lucky to score some sales on them, so my collection got a little boost. And I do the same thing you do with having the cobbler put a thin layer of rubber over the soles. It really extends the life of the shoe. Periodically I take them in for him to conditon the leather, too. If I'm going to spend the money on quality shoes, then it only makes sense to take the best care of them I can.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I just had to go to the website and look around. Now I'll spend the day debating whether or not to buy a size 11 and take a chance it fits my 11 1/2-12 foot.

M

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
I love the Remix styles, but they are so much more expensive to get here in Canada. At least +30 for shipping, +25 or more for the stupid brokerage charges UPS saddles Canadian customers with, +30 or so for taxes, +duty since everything that goes through UPS gets nailed for everything. Almost adds up to an extra $100 per pair because they use UPS. It would cost so much less if they used USPS. :eeek: All that has kept me from ordering from them in the past. I suppose I should go the ebay route (can't do amazon, they won't ship them up here for some reason.)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I just had to go to the website and look around. Now I'll spend the day debating whether or not to buy a size 11 and take a chance it fits my 11 1/2-12 foot.

M
It depends on how wide your feet are. Both my mother and I wear 6 1/2. I have wide fee and the 6s are way too small but the 7s fit if I put an insert in. My mother has narrow feet and can wear the 6s.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I have bought (or at least I think I have!!) a pair of Ritas in red. But so far I've not had a great experience with their customer services... Perhaps I should have phoned my order, but with time difference and call charges it seemed easier to email. I emailed my order the first time about 2 weeks ago, then again about a week ago when I hadn't heard back. I got a reply that time and I paid via paypal and emailed back. That was 5 days ago, 2 days ago I emailed again asking if I could have confirmation that they've received my payment and sent the shoes, but no reply yet. I know it was a weekend so I'll wait until tomorrow evening before I email again. But it feels a little disconcerting so far... No "thank you for your order" och dispatch emails... seems a bit unprofessional to me :(.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

As long as I receive my shoes I won't care too much though, because I love their shoes and the one pair of Remixes I have are my most comfy shoes!!

Barbara

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies
I posted on the cute and vintagey footwear thread, but hoping a more direct post will get the result I am looking for. I am interested in buying the l'amour wedge, but I have not seen what it looks like on someone's foot as re-mix doesn't provide that on their site and I can't seem to find anyone who has bought them. Any ideas? I'd particularly like to know how the fit is, and also how these cutouts sit...as in do you get any sort of toe hangout? As they're expensive shoes, I'm trying to research a bit. Thanks

crwritt

One Too Many
Hi ladies
I posted on the cute and vintagey footwear thread, but hoping a more direct post will get the result I am looking for. I am interested in buying the l'amour wedge, but I have not seen what it looks like on someone's foot as re-mix doesn't provide that on their site and I can't seem to find anyone who has bought them. Any ideas? I'd particularly like to know how the fit is, and also how these cutouts sit...as in do you get any sort of toe hangout? As they're expensive shoes, I'm trying to research a bit. Thanks
Here's a photo of Dita wearing a pair. http://www.haironthebrain.com/wp-co...louis-Marie-de-Castelbajac-Coachella-2009.jpg
click
Dita%20Von%20Teese%20Coachella%202009.jpg

Last edited:

Barbara

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the guidance on the remix shoes ladies. As luck would have it, a friend just moved here and she has agood selection of remix shoes, about my size, so I get to try them on and figure out my size from there. Hurray!

Red Diabla

One of the Regulars
Somehow I managed to miss the part where Re-mix has a retail store here in Los Angeles, but I found out about it and went there today in hopes of getting the Gloria wedgie.

It turns out that by their standards, I have narrow feet, and they don't have half-sizes, so the size I usually wear(size 11 in women's) were too big in the toebox, and my heel would slip out of the back strap. Going down a size found me in shoes that were too short, and my heels would hang off the back. However, the lady at the store was VERY nice and VERY accommodating, and I ended up with a pair of Paseos.

paseogp275.gif

I would have been very disappointed if I had ordered any of the Re-mix shoes online just to find out they didn't fit right; I'm glad I had the chance to try on different styles and to find something without all the hassle of returns!

By the by, they're changing where they're making the soles of their shoes, and it looks like the new factory/s making them have sized up the toeboxes even more, so if you have a narrow foot, be forewarned! If you don't, you will probably love them even more!

RD

Lily Powers

Practically Family
One of the things I love most about Remix was that their shoes were made in Spain, Portugal, Brazil or Mexico - never in China. Now they are using factories in China because there were delivery problems or something with the other factories. This pair was made in China and is probably the least comfortable Remix shoes I have because the toe box is smaller:

IT-GIRL-dk-brn-4-72225.gif

Still, they've always been great to work with and are very willing to answer questions on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto