Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mattfink said:
I think it's OK, but for the price the details are fairly average. I ordered one of these this week on recommendation:

ls-003a.jpg

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/ls-003/
Great details on that shirt. And Speedway actually makes sizes that will fit!

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
That kinda reminds me of what I just bought. I took of the pocket tag and replaced the buttons on this already, so they are not what you see here.

338787170_o.jpg

darn, can't get the picture to come up. You'll have to click.

Gijoe

A-List Customer
The "Speedway Shop" shirts on men...

The Cap is a Hickory Stripe Engineer Cap from Zasu

Striped Lofgreen Shirt with Chambray Gatsby Cap

YETI

A-List Customer
mattfink said:
I think it's OK, but for the price the details are fairly average. I ordered one of these this week on recommendation:

ls-003a.jpg

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/ls-003/
you see...Those are killer shirts, but even the XXL is barely an U.S. XL modern or vintage. I had XL shirts deadstock from the 30s and the common measurement was 26" from underarm to underarm. If only there was a higher demand for true XL sizes stateside. :(

Doug C

Practically Family
flat-top said:
I'm diggin' this:
P5AC2.jpg

This reminds me alot of the hickory jackets by pointer, the ones that are supposedly from the 70's that are all over ebay for cheap. I've considered getting one - do ya'll think they're actually vintage and any different than the modern ones?

mattfink

Practically Family
flat-top said:

I have to tell you, that RRL stuff looks great but it's cheap crap made in China. I've owned a few pieces and they don't have the staying power. The prices are too high too. If you can't get it at an outlet for cheap, I'd go for it. Otherwise I'd steer clear.

flat-top

mattfink said:
I have to tell you, that RRL stuff looks great but it's cheap crap made in China. I've owned a few pieces and they don't have the staying power. The prices are too high too. If you can't get it at an outlet for cheap, I'd go for it. Otherwise I'd steer clear.
I have a ton of RRL stuff from when the line first kicked off (early 90's I guess)and I love it. Macy's used to have an RRL shop that, thinking back, was really the coolest thing ever for a mainstream department store.
As far as the recent stuff, I've had a few pretty good outlet finds but haven't made any major purchases. I love the look of that jacket though.

mattfink

Practically Family
flat-top said:
I have a ton of RRL stuff from when the line first kicked off (early 90's I guess)and I love it. Macy's used to have an RRL shop that, thinking back, was really the coolest thing ever for a mainstream department store.
As far as the recent stuff, I've had a few pretty good outlet finds but haven't made any major purchases. I love the look of that jacket though.

Yeah, well back then it was made mostly in the US still and probably a little more worth the price. I can't see paying $700 for a jacket that cost them less than $20 to make. They have no advertising costs to cover because they just don't make an effort to market RRL really. So why so much? I have a couple of the sweatshirts that are starting to fall apart after not really much use. It's the fake distressing that probably ruins the stuff.

flat-top

The Gap had a bunch of new chinstrap shirts today. Might be too much of a good thing at this point. There were however, a couple of nice plain striped shirts with chinstraps that would work with suit separates--a look Mike spoke about much earlier in this thread.

mattfink

Practically Family
I think I'm about chin-strapped to the gills....would still like to find an original Big Yank or Oxhide brand one though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24