Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

Mav

A-List Customer
Lefty said:
I don't know if these fit into an existing thread, so I'll just post them in my favorite thread (or half of it, anyway).

Kinney Colorado boots, $3 at a local garage sale - I'm guessing 80s or 90s (Kinney was gone in '98).
edit: They were making them in 1979, but who knows for how long.

Great boots- got a pair exactly like them around '78, and wore them until they fell apart in the late '80's.

I always just criss- cross tied them all the way up. The idea behind that set- back set of speedlacers was ankle support.

Feraud

Bartender
The Levi's website notes the inseam on the buckleback jeans at 12.5". That is not bad if accurate.
The model looks to be wearing them in the current low slung fashion.
Trying on a pair is the best way to check the rise.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Not on their site (that I've found), but I picked up this great 1930's/1940's-style Johnson Motors undershirt.

100_3801.JPG

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
Levi's inseams

Yeah, we tall people are out of luck. I'm 6'4" and with shrinkage and everything, need at least a 36 inch inseam in Levi's to show any cuff at all.

Believe it or not, Old Navy actually had some decent rigid selvedge jeans available about 6-7 years ago for only like $40 or so-- longest inseam available: 34. :rage:

Being able to cuff is actually part of what inspired me to learn how to make my own.

mattfink

Practically Family
marineabilly said:
The Johnson Motors shirt is now online (click on photo):

Vintage Engineer Boots Blog

I noticed that the Lucky Brand t-shirts are slightly different than the normal Johnson Motors ones. They seem to be wider and shorter and not quite as good in quality. They used to be the same at one point, even the tag is different now (real Johnson Motors have the black/gold hang tag).

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Thanks , thats the Style what i looking for. But here order System is preo historic. Printable Order form and Check. Any other online sources ?

Mr Badger

Practically Family
mattfink said:
Finally picked one of these in NYC over the weekend at the Manhattan store...$20. They had every size from S - XX!

Don't s'pose anyone could nab me one of these shirts, could they? An XL, please. When we were in NYC back in April they were still $70!

I could Paypal the moolah & postage to the UK, it'd be much appreciated

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Mr Badger said:
Don't s'pose anyone could nab me one of these shirts, could they? An XL, please. When we were in NYC back in April they were still $70!

I could Paypal the moolah & postage to the UK, it'd be much appreciated

I can help you tomorrow. i will PM you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto