Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Received the Pike Brothers chambray shirt from Belgium today. Pike Brothers don´t stock it in my size anmore but I was lucky to find one at a good price on Ebay. :)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My idea

First, let me soundly cuss you all out for getting me so interested in this repro workwear business! lol My wallet is threatening to leave me for another man!

I was checking out the Cushman salt'n'pepper work pants on the Speedway Shop site, and they're not available right now. Another idea I had is to buy some of Bill's Khaki's donegal tweed pants in charcoal (also available in grey and rust) instead, works out roughly the same money. Here's a pic:

bILLSDONEGAL_zps53def806.jpg

With the extra length taken from the pants when I get them hemmed, I might even have the tailor make a little buckle back tab on the back. They're flat front trousers, which equates more to workwear in my own mindset (I do have one 1940s suit with flat front trousers but I prefer pleats for a 'dressy' look - just one of my quirks).

What do you think? Good idea or another crazy Benny Holiday scheme for the scrap pile?

Benny Holiday

I hope you realize that you're one of the major culprits inspiring me to get into thsi stuff Flat-Top! :)

I really do dig those Cushmans . . . must have a look at Ebay over the weekend. Thanks for the advice man!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Nice shirt but where is the workwear style in the shirt. No pockets with pencil holding slot. No chinstrap collar button. Checked the website didn't see workwear shirt style options. Is your company looking to get into workwear style shirts?

Qirrel

Practically Family
Nice shirt but where is the workwear style in the shirt. No pockets with pencil holding slot. No chinstrap collar button. Checked the website didn't see workwear shirt style options. Is your company looking to get into workwear style shirts?

They can do all that if you ask them to. (See the "spearpoint collar shirts"-thread in general attire.)

flat-top

Maybe not everyone's cup o' tea, but pretty cool nonetheless:

http://us.topman.com

edit:The links won't work, but they have something called "The History of Denim" featuring different jeans in styles dating from 1898-1940.
I'll keep trying to get a dirct link!

Last edited:

Luxire

Vendor

Thank you Paul.

Arnaud workwear fabric would not be as fancy as the fabric you posted. Walbash stripe is as flashy as workwear gets.
http://blog.selfedge.com/2009/05/flat-head-wabash-collection-dual-ring.php?m=1

Some of these fabrics should work then. They are pretty rugged.

We also have some good denim that can be made to specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy