Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
flat-top said:
IMG_2908.jpg

Hmmm....

001-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a colllar-less work shirt repro that I own:
IMG_2914.jpg

It's cut like a woven shirt (button cuffs, side gussets, etc), but is made out of a stiff flat knit.

Feraud

Bartender
mike said:
I also wonder if they just come from an earlier period. When the removable collar fad raged over a few decades from the turn of the century through more of less the 20s perhaps these work shirts with this specific removable collar style were from an earlier time when virtually everything was made this way...? I don't really believe that, I'm just grasping at straws. :eusa_doh:

I believe that is correct mike. It probably was a hold over from the earlier time when collars and cuffs were removable.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
You never know.. I cannot imagine many people paying $240.00 for a cotton shirt.

I'll bet ya someone eventually snags one for under a hundred. :)

I have to say, I don't particularly like what they did with that shirt. And the price is wacky.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mike said:
I have to say, I don't particularly like what they did with that shirt. And the price is wacky.
I like it. Maybe because it's something so out of my reach. I certainly wouldn't pass it up if it became affordable!

mike

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
I like it. Maybe because it's something so out of my reach. I certainly wouldn't pass it up if it became affordable!

Sure! And the ones I just linked are Heller's Cafe/Ware-House products, of the same out of reach prices as the jcrew shirt! haha The financial ceiling of work wear repros, but from what I hear, incredibly well researched and put together. Also, if you notice, it's function guiding form - you've got a pocket watch pocket that doubles as a top loading pocket and a pencil holder, also a removable collar that buttons rather than requiring collar studs. Compare that to whatever is going on the front of the jcrew shirt and I think the Heller's Cafe shirt is the winner, if only because it's directly following the original golden era design thought process. Wooo let's hear it for friday night :p

habberdasher

A-List Customer
1920s-1950s work shoes

What did the work shoes from the 1920s-50s look like? I might buy a pair. I'd prefer one that isn't really tall, like a boot. Just sort of like oxfords. Also, no modern add-ons like designs and logos. Leather, suede, rubber, etc. NOTHING NEW-FASHIONED.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Pike Brothers

Yesterday, just before the air display started I visited the Pike Brothers stand at Duxford Flying Legends. Their denim is great quality. The blue jeans and the dungarees with bib are both heavy and beautifully constructed and finished. Very impressive close up.

Their 'Navy' version of a B-10 is heavy canvas with a nice-looking fine wool lining. It's not a repro in the sense that the body's 2cm longer than the originals, but they're not selling their stuff as stitch-for-stitch repro's.

Just a heads-up for those who're interested in the brand but can't get close up...

CP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner