Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

k449

New in Town
herringbonekid said:
Has anyone successfully ordered from Dappers, Japan ?
i've emailed them to ask about ordering and how to pay etc, but no reply. maybe they don't do mail order. it's hard to tell as the site is in Japanese (obviously) !

HBK, you'll probably need to go through a Japanese proxy service to order from them. I usually end up using a proxy after I've emailed a shop in Japan and not gotten any response to my email. Of course a proxy will charge around 5-10% of the item cost and shipping and PayPal fees.

UserX

New in Town
David Conwill said:
+1

Also, I’m curious as to in what oilfields in Michigan you work. I grew up in the Muskegon area, and there was a miniature oil boom there in the 1920s, but not much that I recall for active fields. I went to school in Mount Pleasant, and there were plenty of scattered wells around there.

-Dave

Ask and ye shall recieve.(I'm a bit of a crude nut as far as history is concerned) The fields around muskegon have never been of much mention. Dow has a ton of salt cavern wells over there tho. The oil industry is doin well here. I grew up in harrison just north of mt p. The fields around mt. P are OLD. My wifes great grandfather was one of the first welders in oil city. Anywho, out of highschool (2004) I went to work as a roughneck on a 120' double rig. For acouple years we worked all over the state of michigan ranging from lapeer all the way to millersburg. The wells around mt. P are about 3500ft deep all the way to about 12500 ft in marion. Michigans nat gas and oil formations are shaped like a bowl. Being deeper in the center of the state(harrison) and gets shallower on the edges. I got a job with a big producer here and now operate a couple of deep gas and crude facilities outside of gaylord. The fields i particularly work were all drilled in the 1960s on up. We have some engines from the 40s-50s. Some of the other older stuff drilled in the 30s-40s is around houghton lake(worked there alot). Not to hijack this thread. But needless to say the oil patch is an industry filled with some rough men and dominated by a ruthless mentality thats survived since the 30s. :)
p.s. Did you know all of the oil produced in michigan goes to sarnia canada? And that we produce prolly 99% of our own natural gas and propane.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
DDL's shirts from There Will Be Blood. available here

D0162.jpg
D0166.jpg

mattfink

Practically Family
Kind of cool, but definitely not worth the money just to get a work shirt. Cool if you are a fan of the movie or Daniel Day Lewis.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
resortes805 said:
I went by the Levi's store and saw that they have a non- LVC buckle back jacket, kinda similar to 507 jacket.

They look good. They also had a white distressed pleated buckleback jacket that fit H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. I tried a size small and the arm holes were super high, the arms were tight throughout while the body fit like a generous medium. Both jackets are $98.

On the sale rack, they had a white chinstrap (very short chinstrap) with black cat eye buttons and gussets for $39. All sizes appeared to be available.

Picked up a very sweet hickory stripe newsboy cap for $11 at some random shop. It's insane how so much workwear-inspired clothing is available at such trendy stores.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like this Levi's shooter vest. Anyone out there have one?
31b98c642503a2352e142eb2c11402b03db3b33e-200.jpg

If so, what is the sizing like? The largest size available is a large, which is my size, but if it's a snug fit I doubt I'd be able to wear it over anything but a t shirt.
Who's got one?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
k449 said:
HBK, you'll probably need to go through a Japanese proxy service to order from them. I usually end up using a proxy after I've emailed a shop in Japan and not gotten any response to my email. Of course a proxy will charge around 5-10% of the item cost and shipping and PayPal fees.

they eventually got back to me to say they don't take Paypal. i've never dealt with a 'proxy' ! can you recommend one ?

thanks for your help.

k449

New in Town
HBK,
I was just about to post a link for Sharp Service when I noticed Lefty beat me to it. I'll vouch for the guy. I've used Hide a number of times and he is reliable, fast and cheap.

flat-top

illumin8em said:
saw/touched this shirt today, and to me this things could not comfortably be worn in summer and the color was kinda strange... to me.
It is a thick shirt, so it's odd that it just came out. Hopefully it will be on sale by the time I'd actually wear it!

flat-top

Feraud said:
I saw this shirt in person. It's one of the better styles offered by the Gap.
I had one in my hands again today. I didn't have a chance to try one on but the sizing seems weird. I'm just a standard modern Large, but their L seemed waaay too short and the XL was huge. I have a 40% off coupon that I'm gonna use on this so I hope one fits properly.

flat-top

flat-top said:
I had one in my hands again today. I didn't have a chance to try one on but the sizing seems weird. I'm just a standard modern Large, but their L seemed waaay too short and the XL was huge. I have a 40% off coupon that I'm gonna use on this so I hope one fits properly.
I got this today and the Large actually fit perfectly. It may be a bit shorter than most shirts, but nowhere near as short as it looked on the hanger.
Great shirt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL