Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Requesting Urgent Help to Repair Vintage Wing-tips!

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
I searched the entire site to find the right thread to ask my question in, not seeing it I made my own; Moderators feel free to move this thread to wherever it need go, and my apologies if there is something like it already out there!

I have a pair of Vintage Wing-tips my grandfather gave me that he wore back in high-school. I planned to wear them to a 4th of July celebration tonight but when I put them on the sides "blew out" - that is, the top separated from the sole!

I don't want to use Super Glue or anything that might damage them further in the long range, but I don't know of any affordable cobblers around here either... I thought I'd drop into a thrift store to look for a spare pair, at least to wear to the event... but they're all closed today!

Any suggestions on inexpensive repairs to wing-tips? I'm already trying to figure out alternate footwear, so this could be long-term solutions as well, but if you know something that will work today then great!

Thank you for your help!
RB

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
contact me here and send some pics.

vintageshoesaddict.com

100_0321.jpg 100_0322.jpg 100_0323.jpg

Sorry it took so long, we're moving to a new house at the same time I started a new job...
thank you all for your help and advice!

I'll try to get on later this week to discuss it more...

PS - you can see in a close up he had some new tread put on them before passing them on to me: at 78 he didn't fell like risking a fall on the ice from slick leather soles... ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner