Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retro pattern search help

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I know I can be such a dingbat at times. I wrote down two pattern numbers that someone here had found some time back. They are from the Retro collection. The first one is Simplicity 9247 and the other is Butterick 6462. Usually I keep a description of the pattern with the number so I know what I'm looking for but of course for these I did'nt. If any one recognizes these I would be grateful if you could post a pic.
Thanks a bunch !!!!!!

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Gold -

Hi! Are these what you're looking for?!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/retrofitted/649145570/
This one is on ecrater. com

And then there's this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/retrofitted/649145550/
This was on Etsy.

Hope this helps. Don't worry, I have a small pile of stickies at my computer at work with random pattern numbers written on them. i've spent many a lunch hour trying to remember what they were.

Oh, an ETSY, is turning out to be a great place to look for vintage patterns and notions. I picked up a Car Coat pattern from the '40s for $2.99.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
DimeADanceQueen, unfortunatly they are not the ones but thank you so much for your trouble. I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only one who collects pattern numbers with no idea to what they look like :)

katiepickle, have tried both ebay and google and I bring up the same pattern numbers but not the ones I'm looking for. But i will keep trying, thanks.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I just found Butterick 6462 I have it in my own collection :eek: :eek: :eek: Now I know I have to many patterns.

b6462a.jpg

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
I just found Butterick 6462 I have it in my own collection :eek: :eek: :eek: Now I know I have to many patterns.

b6462a.jpg

That is lovely, and I didn't know that one existed! I love the long line bodice-some of the patterns I got last weekend from that estate have that style of bodice. I hope they look good on me
Good luck finding the other one! I don't think I have the poofy dress one. Wish I did!

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
That Butterick is very cute! Everytime I see a pattern I like I save the picture and name it the number so I won't forget it. But I have more than one pattern number floating around that I don't remember what it was but can't seem to let it go.

Here is an ebay auction for the simplicity pattern: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Simplicty-Prom-D...1436711QQihZ011QQcategoryZ11801QQcmdZViewItem

I hope it's the one you are thinking of!

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
BeBopBaby said:
Has anyone seen the new retro simplicity pattern? It's for a Katheryn Hepburn-esque pants suit and blouse. It's very chic.

3688.jpg
YES!! And I totally love it! I'm waiting for all the Simplicity Patterns to go on sale at either Hancock or JoAnn. I've already got material picked out for this one.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
The only thing I can think to mention on these repro patterns, since I've made up some of them, is that they alter them more for modern tastes... so you get the armholes lowered which can restrict movement more for dancing and such, and you get the rise of the pants raised up to modern tastes. If the pants were from the actual vintage pattern, the rise would be a lot lower down, but to the modern body it feels kind of M.C. Hammer-ish :p

Cute patterns. I especially like the evening dress one from 48 :)

Josephine

One Too Many
I didn't want to start a new thread, and this seemed like the best one to add to...

I would like to find a pattern for a full skirt with a waistband. I looked through Simplicity and McCall and Vogue, and didn't see (at least from their tiny pictures and line drawings) what I wanted. I found Butterick B4742 but it's "Out of Print" so I don't know if it would still be in stores (I've found it online which I might have to resort to).

B4742.jpg

I know too that I could take the skirt of a dress I like and make that into a free standing skirt, but the zipper and waistband I'm not too comfortable doing from off the top of my head. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats