Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Return of hats.

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
hats are returning, in my town, it's a little town, 120.000 people, this fall is born a new hat shop.
It is a dress shop with a corner dedicated to the hat. There is two big adv " Borsalino" some hat shown and a lot of hat in stock.
In front of this new shop there is another shop (where i bought a Borsalino a while ago) this shop shown some hat into the shop-window.
An old hat shop called "Isaia Valeri" has filled the city road with a lot of ADV poster " Antica Cappelleria Isaia Valeri".
I think that in the future, I will not a rare kind of person.
I think that a lot of people will wear hats in the future,I hope they could love their hats.
I'll post some pics of these hat shops.
Best wishes, happy 2007.

Riccardo.

jkingrph

Practically Family
riccardo said:
Hi to all,
hats are returning, in my town, it's a little town, 120.000 people, this fall is born a new hat shop.
It is a dress shop with a corner dedicated to the hat. There is two big adv " Borsalino" some hat shown and a lot of hat in stock.
In front of this new shop there is another shop (where i bought a Borsalino a while ago) this shop shown some hat into the shop-window.
An old hat shop called "Isaia Valeri" has filled the city road with a lot of ADV poster " Antica Cappelleria Isaia Valeri".
I think that in the future, I will not a rare kind of person.
I think that a lot of people will wear hats in the future,I hope they could love their hats.
I'll post some pics of these hat shops.
Best wishes, happy 2007.

Riccardo.

Little town, Thats huge to me, but glad to see you can find hats. Here all one can see is the western style and they are appropriate for some days in this part of the country. Dressier hats are much more difficult to find locally but at leasts now we have the internet.

Jeff

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
This is fine news, Riccardo!

I love the Italian custom of saying "my little town" or "my small village" - of 150,000 people! A metropolis! :)

My own "small village" is about 15,000 souls...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great news, Riccardo

I saw the Borsalino shops in Italy when I was there in November and they were showing hats that matched their suits perfectly. It was very tasteful, stylish and classic. I'm sure that would help inspire many people to wear hats.

In Venice, I saw quite a few people in fedoras. It seemed to be fairly common. There were less in Rome, but there were some.

It's always good news when people are enjoying wearing their hats.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic: Wow! those are some tiny slices of earth y'all live in, sounds nice. My "little" town has 1.1 million.:eek:fftopic:

Anyway it's great news to hear hats are coming back, I love 'em, I love to wear 'em, and I think men look particularly dashing in them. ;)
I hope that it will be easier to find nice ones in my area soon, best bets are usually poorly made and sitting on mannequins at clothing stores. :(

art92101

One of the Regulars
The fashion trickle effect?

Riccardo, thanks for the post. Perhaps we will see the hat come back to fashion in europe then makes its way over to the states in a couple of years?
The loungers will be ahead of the trend! happy new year !

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the update Riccardo!! It's good to see them coming back even in your small town..
Scott & RBH..I have both of you in the small dept.,,between 435 & 450 people in Butte Falls, depending on who is "sleeping it off" in the Eagle Point jail.:rolleyes:

jkingrph

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for the update Riccardo!! It's good to see them coming back even in your small town..
Scott & RBH..I have both of you in the small dept.,,between 435 & 450 people in Butte Falls, depending on who is "sleeping it off" in the Eagle Point jail.:rolleyes:

That sounds nice . Our town has grown by about 1500 since moving here 28 years ago, from 12,000 to about 13500. Getting too crowded and congested!

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
This is fine news, Riccardo!

I love the Italian custom of saying "my little town" or "my small village" - of 150,000 people! A metropolis! :)

My own "small village" is about 15,000 souls...

Mine is about 39,000. Except when the university is on break, then it drops to about 15,000.

Hats are coming back here, too. I've found 3 places here that carry real hats. All of them are men's clothing shops (i.e. suits). I've also noticed more people wearing real hats recently.

-Jake

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
College folk leaning toward fedora's in Illnois

lol :) First I would like to say that in the past week, in my miniscule town of 5100 residents, I have seen 4 young men in thier early twenties wearing fedoras. I was impressed. I wish I could say I started the trend, but I believe the Johnny Depp look is in, no matter who they pattern themselves after I am glad to see it, they seem to be wearing pants now that the waistlines are actually above the knees. lol
On to my point, I have been attending Southern Illinois University-Carbondale and I see quite a few students of all ages wearing fedoras, trilby's and occasionally an outback style lid. The professors often wear fedora's in the winter month's. The younger students seem to lean toward a stingy brim and the older students myself included lean toward a standard or wider brimmed fedora.

I am proud to say that their still is hope for a sense of class and style for future generations. I hope it lasts. If Johnny Depp is the reason KUDOS to you Johnny:) Bogart was my reason however, that and thinning hair lol

Regards
Jake

Slicksuit

One of the Regulars
Wonderful!

That is good news, indeed. Whenever I see young guys wearing lids, its usually of the stingy brim variety as well. As of late, I'm seeing more driving caps on men, and newsboy styles every once in a blue moon. It seems that an awakening is occuring among the public that there are more options than baseball caps out there.

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
I agree completely Slicksuit, I do not own the newsboy style but I may try it out in the future. I enjoy experimenting wih different headgear.

Regards to all

jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy