Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick Deckard coat Blade Runner

griffer

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Most of the pictures on that page are from movies. Where are the pictures of their product?

I believe that Blade Runner photo is an auction photo.

You didn't look close enough.

Yes, the initial picture is from an auction photo, cropped, but there is a link to photos of their actual creations.

TM

A-List Customer
The actual shots do not look that close to the original to me. Color, length, detailing, etc.

Why should it be hard to duplicate this?

Rachael: Do you like our owl?
Deckard: Is it artificial?
Rachael: Of course it is.
Deckard: Must be expensive.
Rachael: Very. It seems you feel our work is not a benefit to the public.
Deckard: Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.

Tony

Feraud

Bartender
griffer said:
You didn't look close enough.

Yes, the initial picture is from an auction photo, cropped, but there is a link to photos of their actual creations.
Oops. I see now. Their Deckard trenchcoat looks horrible.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
origin?

Was th Bladerunner trench something created for the film from scratch? Or was it a pre-existing garment worked up by the costumers? I've always liked Roy's coat w/ its odd collar.

Incidentally, professional propmaker RichardCoyle did a few articles on his years of research trying to get to th very bottom of the Bladerunner pistol
click this Prop Link

griffer

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Oops. I see now. Their Deckard trenchcoat looks horrible.

I think, for the price, it is actually very servicable. They got right back to me and explained that I could specify the length and that that coat was made for a short person.

They seemed very nice.

Of course, the first thing I will do if I get it is soak with a garden hose and leave it outside for a few days. I might wear it in NY and stand next to big puddles to get that special oily water stained look.

I will also try to get the coat made a couple shades darker.

MrBern said:
Was th Bladerunner trench something created for the film from scratch? Or was it a pre-existing garment worked up by the costumers? I've always liked Roy's coat w/ its odd collar.

Incidentally, professional propmaker RichardCoyle did a few articles on his years of research trying to get to th very bottom of the Bladerunner pistol
click this Prop Link

Purpose built/designed by Charles Knode for the film. Same with Deckard's jacket and shirts.

I love RAC's version of the blaster. There is a used one up on eBay that I am looking at and I emailed the man himself about availability on new ones.

Hartford, a Japanese company also makes an airsoft version of the blaster. It works off gas loaded replica bullets. You load gas and BBs into each bullet. But it's about $1,200 for the gun state-side. BOO!

I wish I knew someone in Japan who could pick one up for me....

Jovan

Suspended
I've had passing interest in them making the other leather coat from Underworld, the one the armourer and the others wear all except for Selene (I guess she's entitled to a different one as daddy's little vampire girl). However, I wouldn't see where I could wear it. That's the problem with replicas like that and the Neo coats, etc. -- not wearable besides at scifi conventions or Hallowe'en.

The Deckard coat? Well, it's just a really stylish rain coat. Probably the reason it's in demand.

griffer

Practically Family
I just won one of the most screen accurate reproductions of the blaster from Blade Runner ever made.

The Richard A. Coyle C&S Blade Runner blaster is MINE!

Finally after 25 years, I own the coolest gun I have ever seen on screen!

http://www.racprops.com/issue5/brblaster_take2/

blaster_02.jpg

norm-44ea616848cc7-Blade+Runner.jpeg

No, it doesn't fire, but Hartford out of Japan makes an airsoft version...

Feraud

Bartender
griffer said:
I just won one of the most screen accurate reproductions of the blaster from Blade Runner ever made.

The Richard A. Coyle C&S Blade Runner blaster is MINE!

Finally after 25 years, I own the coolest gun I have ever seen on screen!
No, it doesn't fire, but Hartford out of Japan makes an airsoft version...
Awesome! I have wanted one for years but could not dole out the scratch for it.
Do you know what version it is?

Burns

New in Town
Hi all,

I just wanted to put my 2¢ in and let you know that I splurged on an Abby Shot Deckard Trench that I was able to see and try on at Dragon-Con this past weekend. Abby Shot had a booth there.

I'm pretty impressed with it. It's almost exactly screen-perfect (I read that a little of the stitching on the collar is off, but I have yet to find where, so it must be a tiny detail).

It's here: http://www.abbyshot.com/products/ps-deckard-trench.php

Now to figure out that damned shirt. I read someone has one just like it from Romania? Do they have any more in a size XL? :)

Cheers,
Burns

Jovan

Suspended
I'm glad it worked out for you. Many customers of AbbyShot... not so much. I wouldn't personally recommend them, as they seem little more than people who just happen to sew and yet charge premium prices.

Feraud

Bartender
Burns said:
Hi all,

I just wanted to put my 2¢ in and let you know that I splurged on an Abby Shot Deckard Trench that I was able to see and try on at Dragon-Con this past weekend. Abby Shot had a booth there.

I'm pretty impressed with it. It's almost exactly screen-perfect (I read that a little of the stitching on the collar is off, but I have yet to find where, so it must be a tiny detail).

It's here: http://www.abbyshot.com/products/ps-deckard-trench.php

Now to figure out that damned shirt. I read someone has one just like it from Romania? Do they have any more in a size XL? :)

Cheers,
Burns

Welcome to the Lounge Burns.
I would love to see pictures of your jacket when you get the opportunity.

Thanks.

Feraud

Bartender
Jovan said:
I'm glad it worked out for you. Many customers of AbbyShot... not so much. I wouldn't personally recommend them, as they seem little more than people who just happen to sew and yet charge premium prices.
Is this an opinion or have you owned one of their garments?

Jovan

Suspended
Based on all the stories I've heard of shoddy construction, holding their [really bad and mostly sythetic] fabrics in person, and seeing a lot of pictures that featured such awfully bunched up and wrinkled collars. On top of that, it's only made-to-measure. Anything slightly custom beyond adding pockets (which they charge for) will cost even more. It doesn't seem worth the while to me when other companies are doing the same things, with better fabrics and construction, fully custom, for a lower price. But, that's just my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy