Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RIP Master Hatter, Alexander Conley

bendingoak

Vendor
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear the news. A cursory search of the Seattle news sites tells me nada, so I'm left to wonder as to the when, where and why of it.

Alexander Conley was a well-known figure in certain circles. I had been to his old storefront shop up in Madrona on a few occasions over the years, before he moved his operation into his house. I last bumped into him at the Safeway store on Rainier Avenue. He was using one of those sit-down electric carts then, and that's been a number of years ago now.

If I don't see a proper, reporter-written obit within the next few hours, I'll call in a tip.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing that video. We had close friends who moved from Buffalo to Seattle and bought a house in Madrona. I remember visiting them and having breakfast in the cafe that appears in the tim. Wish I would have known to look up Mr. Conley.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Is there a way to contact the family concerning his equipment ? Im very interested in it if its for sale.

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
What a great video of Mr. Conley... Something tells me it would have been interesting to have spent an afternoon with him...

May he rest in Peace...

~shoes~

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I wish I heard of him sooner. Awesome skills. Love the Top Hat he was wearing in the picture. Looks like another great one is gone. What a shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner