Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RMC Buco J100 Fitcheck

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
Hi everyone, I got my buco j100 in today in size 42. This is my second leather jacket and quite different from my first one which is goat skin. While I've read a lot of people say that leather jacket should feel snug, compared to my other jacket, I feel like the HH is a bit roomier though stiffer and am wondering if I can pull off size 40 or that would end up being too small. And on the other hand, could the jacket end up being more form fitting over time as I use it?

Wanted to share some pics of the fit and get some opinions from way more experienced people that understand how leather works.
I also shared some pics of myself without the jacket on just for some reference. Thanks.

3_Front Closed.jpg
3_Side Closed.jpg
3_Back Closed.jpg
2_Front Open.jpg
2_Side Open.jpg
1_Front.jpg
1_Side.jpg
1_Back.jpg

Jonanah

New in Town
I would say that depends on whether you want to layer underneath, or just wear over a t-shirt. If you want some flexibility in terms of what you wear underneath, I would say this looks like a perfect fit to me! From the photos it doesn't look overly roomy over a tee, so imo there's no need to size down

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
Sleeves will be shorter and not just due to the sleeve length measurement. The tighter shoulder will ‘pull’ the sleeve up.
yeah, this was the main reason I got the 42. I was worried that the 40 sleeve may end up being too short. And good tip on the shoulder further pulling it up.

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
I would say that depends on whether you want to layer underneath, or just wear over a t-shirt. If you want some flexibility in terms of what you wear underneath, I would say this looks like a perfect fit to me! From the photos it doesn't look overly roomy over a tee, so imo there's no need to size down
Thanks.
I may be biased because of my other goat skin jacket. That one started out as quite a snug fit (thought it was too small at first) but I stuck with it and wore it at home a lot. After a week, I felt it stretched to a point that it became comfortable.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi everyone, I got my buco j100 in today in size 42. This is my second leather jacket and quite different from my first one which is goat skin. While I've read a lot of people say that leather jacket should feel snug, compared to my other jacket, I feel like the HH is a bit roomier though stiffer and am wondering if I can pull off size 40 or that would end up being too small. And on the other hand, could the jacket end up being more form fitting over time as I use it?

Wanted to share some pics of the fit and get some opinions from way more experienced people that understand how leather works.
I also shared some pics of myself without the jacket on just for some reference. Thanks.

View attachment 596839 View attachment 596840 View attachment 596845 View attachment 596846 View attachment 596847 View attachment 596849 View attachment 596850 View attachment 596851
Apart from the length, I find them perfect and I think a size smaller will be too tight and the sleeves too short. I would like a little less length even better.

mumpy

A-List Customer
This is a better fit than I have ever had with the RMC J100.

I have bought this jacket twice and had to sell it for various reasons (short sleeves, etc.)

Good job!

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
This is a better fit than I have ever had with the RMC J100.

I have bought this jacket twice and had to sell it for various reasons (short sleeves, etc.)

Good job!

Thanks, and damn that's too bad... what did you end up getting?

mumpy

A-List Customer

View attachment 596839 View attachment 596840 View attachment 596845 View attachment 596846 View attachment 596847 View attachment 596849 View attachment 596850 View attachment 596851
Also, about the sleeves, keep in mind they will ride up as you are breaking the jacket in and creases will form on the sleeves (especially if it gets wet). Another reason not to gamble on the 40.

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
I now have 3 cafe racers that fit me. A Vanson Comet, a vintage Brooks and a Thedi :)
This is what I'm afraid of... not stopping at 1. Just can't help myself :rolleyes:

Also, about the sleeves, keep in mind they will ride up as you are breaking the jacket in and creases will form on the sleeves (especially if it gets wet). Another reason not to gamble on the 40.
that's a good point, no more gambling from me... I'm happy with it now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner