Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robert Talbott

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
I am also a HUGE Robert Talbott fan...

Love these ties..

t_16925.jpg
t_16928.jpg
t_16910.jpg
t_16382.jpg

At $110-$115 retail, they're not for everyone, but they often show up at discounters at $25-$50 (see esp. Nordstrom Rack) and on eBay for even less.

RT pocket squares ($45.00):

t_16932.jpg
t_16908.jpg
t_16930.jpg

All available through J. Michaels Clothiers

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Great looking stuff. Too bad ties today are so thickly lined and paddle-shaped - I wish they'd taper from a neat knot width to about 4".

Notice how the photos style the ties more classically - they don't look so good out in the open due to the modern cut.

anon`

One Too Many
There're some Robert Talbott pocket squares hanging out at one of the local mens stores for about $28 each. Might go pick a couple up before the end of the year, as they're actually some pretty nice looking ones.

Even better--and Nordstrom Rack has already been mentioned--today, as I'd gone off to burn one of those little gift certificates that Nordstrom gives out when you spend enough on their card. There was a PFY at the nearest Rack unloading about 18 different Talbott cuffinlink pairs for $40 each. Nice enameled pieces. So I bought two. Contentedness.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Fletch said:
Too bad ties today are so thickly lined and paddle-shaped - I wish they'd taper from a neat knot width to about 4"..
Today, ties are available in a myriad of shapes and thicknesses. Also, Talbott, and other makers, will cut a tie to any specs that you wish.

moustache

Practically Family
Bow ties

I have two Talbott bow ties. Nice colours and very well made.Found them on eprey. just cannot convince myself to spend $95 on a tie.Thats a complete suit and pair of shoes at the thrift store! :p

I alternate my tie wearing from bow to long tie every now and then.Maybe three bows a week to one long tie.

Very nice examples above!!!

JD

My Pop's Closet

New in Town
I used to wear expensive suits with cheap ties, but I could never get used to the uncomfortable suit jackets. I felt like I was trapped in a straight jacket. So, I now wear Robert Talbott ties exclusively with inexpensive suits. I'm still uncomfortable, but at least I now receive complements for the ties I wear. A beautiful tie can make any cheap suit look good.

undertaker

Practically Family
I wear bow ties almost exclusively. However, I have recently purchased some old strait ties ( like the one in the avatar) and I have been wearing them very little, but I am trying. I have tried Robert Talbott bow ties and found that IMO they do not seem to tie as well as some of the lesser expensive ones I have, however I have become addicted to the RT printed pocket squares they are wonderful. Right now I am buying 2 or 3 a week at a local men's store. He lets me have them for $18.00 each, seems to be a great bargin.

Moustache if you are interested he has a purple and black RT bow tie that I can get for about $30.00, it looks great but like I stated earlier they are not my favorites. Just let me know and I will pick it up for you.

Regards,
J.S.

moustache

Practically Family
Thanks

undertaker said:
I wear bow ties almost exclusively. However, I have recently purchased some old strait ties ( like the one in the avatar) and I have been wearing them very little, but I am trying. I have tried Robert Talbott bow ties and found that IMO they do not seem to tie as well as some of the lesser expensive ones I have, however I have become addicted to the RT printed pocket squares they are wonderful. Right now I am buying 2 or 3 a week at a local men's store. He lets me have them for $18.00 each, seems to be a great bargin.

Moustache if you are interested he has a purple and black RT bow tie that I can get for about $30.00, it looks great but like I stated earlier they are not my favorites. Just let me know and I will pick it up for you.

Regards,
J.S.

Thanks James!! Much appreciated ol chap.I will let you know.
I think i have found a new collectable:pocket squares!!!!!
As long as they don't get too expensive.

JD

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In have several RT ties. I have a seven-fold which is a delight to wear. I just picked up one at Nordstrom Rack for $25 US. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Any thoughts on the Seven-Fold??[huh]

Trotsky

A-List Customer
I picked up a huge number of RT ties at a goodwill in Knoxville. $1 each and some of my best ties, next to the vintage and Brooks Brothers. Sometimes I prefer to have a well made, lined tie with certain shirts. Besides, I have three or four that are labeled as Regimental and are named to certain lesser known British regiments. Very nice!

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
RT has an outlet...

Gilroy, CA, south of San Jose. Make a detour and go there! I bought two ties, a shirt, a pair of cufflinks, a pocket square, two belts for my wife, cumberbund and tie set -- all for $250. If you can't get to Gilroy, Nordies Rack is still the best alternative.

lairddouglas

Familiar Face
Robert Talbott Bowties

Great Patterns ... alas they are difficult to size. Typically I have to adjust to a smaller neck size to get a good knot. They are crazy expensive too ... can get two of everybody else for one RT.

Very nice seasonal patterns ... have easter eggs and turkeys and candy canes.

*** Gilroy as in the World Garlic Festival ??? Amusing for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97