Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodriguez/ Tarantino: Grindhouse

Baggers

Practically Family
Good lord, who isn't in this film? And a segment called Werewolf Women of the SS? I'd watch it for that alone, and to see what the heck Udo Kier and Nicolas Cage are doing in it. Ah yes, Robert Rodriguez, The Enfant Terrible of Texas film and his partner in crime Quentin Tarantino strike again. Wow.

Watch out, Rodriguez is changing the film production paradigm.

Cheers!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
They did Dusk til Dawn together.
What a fun vampire movie.

I've read that Tarantino spent a good while workign on a WWII script, but when he finished it, decided he didnt want to spend all that time in the trenches working on war. So he wrote KillBill....

Baggers

Practically Family
MrBern said:
They did Dusk til Dawn together.
What a fun vampire movie.

I agree. We saw it for the first time on DVD at home and after watching Cheech Marin's speech (you which one I'm referring to) for the first time, we had to run it again just because we couldn't believe what we'd just seen! That, and also to marvel at the wide range of "products" offered. lol lol

MrBern said:
I've read that Tarantino spent a good while workign on a WWII script, but when he finished it, decided he didnt want to spend all that time in the trenches working on war. So he wrote KillBill....

There a certain irony in that...I think. ;) But I'm glad he didn't follow through with it. I'm rather staid in my preferences concerning that genre and I'm not sure I'd want to see what he'd do with it. Still, I would like to read the script.

Cheers!

Feraud

Bartender
MrBern said:
So he wrote KillBill....
There was a script to KillBill?? I thought he ripped off a bunch of old films and shot those scenes. ;) ;)
Of course, I am the sucker who has KB I &II on dvd so Tarantino laughs last.:eusa_doh:

MissHuff

A-List Customer
I heard about this film a while back and was completely excited. I am a HUGE Tarantino fan. I love the concept of having it be a double-feature with fake movie trailers inbetween. I can't wait to see what Rodriguez and Tarantino come up with. You can just run wild with the fake trailers, who knows what ideas emerged from this duo.

and in the cast overview:
Quentin Tarantino .... The Rapist - segment 'Planet Terror'/Warren - segment 'Death Proof'
enought said.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, that looks really great. I am looking forward to seeing it. I love Tarantino. I was waiting for another release by him. This looks thrilling and over the top excited. A movie to cheer in.

I agree, try to see it in your old hometown theaters that us in the city just don't have anymore!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21