Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rolling your cigarettes: Manual Vs. Machine

ErinKathleen

New in Town
If you're into rolling your own cigarettes, which do you prefer?

I usually just hand roll mine, but I just picked up a machine, because I feel sort of trashy if I'm rolling one up by hand at the bar[huh] Figured I could just roll a pack with the machine before I go out. But I think the hand rolled ones still taste better than the machined ones...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ErinKathleen said:
I usually just hand roll mine, but I just picked up a machine, because I feel sort of trashy if I'm rolling one up by hand at the bar[huh] Figured I could just roll a pack with the machine before I go out. But I think the hand rolled ones still taste better than the machined ones...

I agree. I haven't rolled since I lived in Europe, but when I did, I liked them rolled tight and thin, so they had a natural filtering effect. Also, a machine-rolled smoke is just too much tobacco for me to handle at once. I don't think it's trashy at all to roll your smokes when you're out, it's just a bit inconvenient. To get around this in the past, I would hand roll a bunch in the evening and just put them in a pretty cigarette cash so I wouldn't have to roll on the go.

Smuterella

One Too Many
I smoke ready rolled but my partner and flatmate roll hand rollies with liqorice papers. yum. tight and thin definitely. (phnar, phnar)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran