Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rounded collars?

K

kpreed

Club Collars?

If you mean the rounded collar style called the club collar, yes they are still out there, but getting pretty hard to find. I always look for them at stores, but see very few.(Not in fashion I guess right now)

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Marksnsparks do made to measure shirts. One of the options is a rounded collar. They also do a pointed collar that's not quite pointed enough.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Brooks Brothers, Polo and Paul Stuart regularly stock club collar shirts.

LondonLuke

One of the Regulars
Creeping Past said:
Marksnsparks do made to measure shirts. One of the options is a rounded collar. They also do a pointed collar that's not quite pointed enough.

How much is this service?

And to the others, thanks, but America is a bit far to travel for some shirts!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
LondonLuke said:
And to the others, thanks, but America is a bit far to travel for some shirts!
Both Polo and Brooks Brothers have stores in London. And, there's this new phenomenon called online shopping where U.S. stores like J. Press will ship to the U.K.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I recently got stung for £30 customs charges on £70-worth of US goods. Online shopping for items over £18 only works if UK Customs misses my parcels. With customs on top, that $82.50 may cost the UK buyer up to $150.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Creeping Past said:
With customs on top, that $82.50 may cost the UK buyer up to $150.
Them's some steep custom charges :eek: but even so, when you consider the exchange rate...........;)

T.E.W.Clough

New in Town
Also, the Vintage Shirt Company are UK based, have a fairly wide variety of shirts, detachable and attached (including some nice 20's/30's style spearpoint collared shirts and other bits and pieces). All their double rounded collars are seperate.
Pricing is fairly reasonable. However, I haven't got round to buying from them yet, so can't vouch for their quality. They look pretty good though - may be worth a crack.

http://www.vintageshirt.co.uk/index.html

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Question for Mr. Rover...

Sorry to hijack...

Ray,
I was just in Brussels a couple of days ago and when I was passing a RL shop window- I saw an ensemble with a crinkly/bobbly maroon knit tie(may have been striped and bobbly) and a "diaper pin" style collar pin. This may well have been Rugby gear, the shop was closed and I was in a hurry to get someplace else. Do you know the tie I'm talking about? and the tie pin? where can I get these(without going to an RL shop) ... online?

B
T

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Also, unfortunately, the US Polo site won't ship to Europe, but I can serve as a middle man, have it sent to the store and then we can send it to you internationally from the store. If you know what color you want, I can see if it is on one of our mannequins and take it off and sell it to you. If you want one, I can pick one up for you here and if you want to send me payment via paypal, I can ship it to you. I bet it'd be super cheap. We have cheaper ones at Rugby and will have them available shortly in sterling silver at Polo. Send me a PM so we can work something out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner