Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Running like Bannister - but slower

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
Just wondering if some of your fashion plates out there are also runners? I've recently come back to running after several years on the sidelines, and so far, done two marathons this year. The first one, I trained like the dickens for, and equipped myself in the newest and latest in footwear. I ended up with a terrible time and some pretty good injuries. The second one, I ran after reading a book called Born To Run, which has some strong arguments against the modern running shoe. So, I tried training in an old vintage pair of Converse All-Stars from the 50's, and lo and behold, knocked an hour off my marathon time, and came away with no injuries!

So, I wonder - do the FL'ers who run spurn modern tech for tried and true? Anyone else looking for a pair of leather and rubber shoes such as Roger Bannister wore? And how do you stay fashionable when you run? I tried running with my Biltmore, but it kept blowing off and I'm loathe to install a chin strap ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn