Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sara Jessica Parker's Hat

texasgirl

One Too Many
So what did ya'll think of SJP's London Premiere hat? I thought it was really interesting and pretty. I thought her hair looked awful. If she'd worn an updo, I think it would have looked better. Thoughts???

sjp_300x400.jpg

epr25

Practically Family
I like it. I think if you are going to wear a hat make it an interesting one. But I do agree that the wild hair would have looked more appropriate in an up do. More finished and dressed to me.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I think it would make a fabulous table centerpiece for a spring fling.

I agree about the updo comment. There is something about the proportion of all that height and the weight of the long hair that I don't care for. Perhaps fussy hat deserves fussy hair?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the milliner is trying too hard. It's interesting though...if she had taken the embellishments and wrapped them in a curve around her head in a downward spiral, I think it might have worked.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I love her!! I love her hat! I love her and her hat even more once I saw it was an acorn! If I could be anyone in the world it would be SJP!

BegintheBeguine

I like it. I thought the acorn part was some sort of peacock part and I liked it even more. I like the green rose, the butterfiles and I like the dress. The hair should be even wilder; but it looks too dry and in need of a trim! Or it should have been the other extreme: severely scraped back.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
REALLY? She has the face of a horse.

Oh yes! I think she is absolutely gorgeous! I don't think she has a horse face at all. Even more so... I have enjoyed her personality and I think that is even more beautiful. Of course, I could drop the smoking part... but when I think of who I would want to be, it would want it to be based on more than just physical. Mind you I am only basing this off of how she has conducted herself in interviews and as a guest on shows... I don't know her personally. But even still... I think she is incredibly pretty!! I would love to have her striking blue eyes and her wide smile!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Whoa!

I wonder if that's a Philip Treacy? I actually kind of like the top with the rose and the butterfly and the feathers, it's the woven little mushroomy bit at the bottom that bothers me, especially the little "handle" bit. I think I'd like it better if the feathery bit were wrapped around the crown of a hat and extending towards the back.

Still and all, it's an attention getter--which is probably what they wanted.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I agree - it looks like an acorn top to me (kinda cute I think.) I also wanted to agree with the comments about her hair. An up-do would have made it seem less jarring, in my opinion. Giving it more of a feel that it was part of the look rather than something randomly planted on her head.

texasgirl

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Whoa!

I wonder if that's a Philip Treacy? I actually kind of like the top with the rose and the butterfly and the feathers, it's the woven little mushroomy bit at the bottom that bothers me, especially the little "handle" bit. I think I'd like it better if the feathery bit were wrapped around the crown of a hat and extending towards the back.

Still and all, it's an attention getter--which is probably what they wanted.

Yes, it is a Philip Treacy hat. I think she just wanted something over the top, something that Carrie would wear.

I think she's really pretty too. I felt sorry for her when that men's magazine voted her the unsexiest woman. You could see it really hurt her feelings on an interview I saw, I think on Oprah.

Vintage Betty

texasgirl said:
Yes, it is a Philip Treacy hat. I think she just wanted something over the top, something that Carrie would wear.

I think she's really pretty too. I felt sorry for her when that men's magazine voted her the unsexiest woman. You could see it really hurt her feelings on an interview I saw, I think on Oprah.

I actually don't think she's pretty in my definition of pretty (there are prettier women here on the Lounge) but I thought that was just plain cruel of the magazine to do that, in order to sell issues.

I didn't see her interview, but I saw an interview with her husband, and he stated that it made him look bad also.

But back to her hat....was it a custom job just for her at this event?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
texasgirl said:

I agree... it is one thing to say that you think someone is ugly to your girlfriends or something, but for a NATIONAL MEN'S MAGAZINE to outright proclaim that is more ugly in my opinion...

Marilyn Monroe said it best, "No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy