Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scared Newbie

50 Gold

Greetings ladies and gents. I never thought I would be a hat person but a few months ago tried n a friends Panama Fedora and loved it. So here I am showing off my wife's Christmas gift to me. I like the fedora so an Indy seemed liked a good place to start. I also received a Panama Cuenca (From Panama Hats Direct) for summer wear so, I'm all set. I have already found that there is something about wearing a hat that makes a man feel complete. I lve this site, you guys are so knowledgable and I have learned much just perusing. Anyway, be honest, do I look like an idiot with a lid or what?

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Is it just me, or...

...does anyone else see a resemblence?

Welcome friend. You look great...no reason to be scared...wear it like you been wearing hats all your life...presentation is everything.

vespasian

One of the Regulars
The hat looks great. Dont be self conscious in it, thats the clue to success. If you count the number of people who do a double take of you in the hat against those who just pass you by therefore completely accepting it, or simply dont mention it, look at it etc etc then the ratio would be something like thousands to 1. I went into a retail store recently at about 4am on my break at work and of the few dozen staff in there stocking shelves and working the tills only one young lad looked at my hat and smiled to himself a little, no-one else passed comment or even looked twice at it. He didnt know it but he was the odd one not me.

Russ

One of the Regulars
You have the look

You definitely have a hat face, and it looks like you were born in that fedora, so wear it proudly.

Your wife bought it for you? I'm envious. My wife would be happy to sell all my hats! Actually, to date she has sold nine of my hats, but with my permission. We split the profits and I bought more hats with my half. It's like a fire that can't be put out.
fedora_smile_tall.gif

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Great hat

That's a nice Indy hat, and a nice hat all around. Wear it like you mean it.:cheers1:

So, the only question is, could Bronson have been a good Indiana Jones?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari