Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scarf question

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
image.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Sorry, Open Road fedora...

Thanks, just too many abbreviations to get my head around.
As it is I wear a scarf with my hats, I usually just go round the neck then cross it over in the front(under the coat). if it is a long scarf, some may toss the free end over one shoulder, I call this student style. The modern most popular way is to hold the free ends together, wrap the folded scarf around the neck then put the few ends through the loop, but this looks silly with a short scarf.
You may get better ideas from the General Attire topics if you wish to wear a more traditional look:) I tend to adopt a more radical, 'It's damn cold so wear it so its warmest' look, even with my SL(Stratoliner);) Or is that one word?
JTee

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
First if this is the wrong subforum, please move it...
'

My question is what are some of the ways one wears a scarf with an OR in colder weather?

Ummm.... you wear it the way you would without an OR unless you're asking us how to tie the OR on your head with it. :)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't have thought that you would tie a scarf any differently whether you are wearing a hat (of any description) or not.

Tie the scarf using whatever knot you like and which suits the length of the scarf, and then plonk the hat on your head. Ready to go.

Seth Duzan

Familiar Face
Thanks guys, I grew up with my mom basically mummifying my face with one as a kid, and being small town bum f*** egypt USA, there isn't a lot of guys around who do wear one. I kinda like the 'student' style you mentioned, a simple overhand, or simply just likely tucked into my coat. I appreciate the help, as I was unsure if there was any etiquette I would be ignoring by wearing them that way....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR