Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 441 PP arrived in Perth Western Australia

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
My most recent purchase out of the UK has arrived today.

A barely used Schott 441 PP , collared café racer/halfbelt

Made in 1991/92 , in beautiful condition. Japanese market jacket apparently !

Black steer ( of course ) , 44 inch chest. "tighter" than my other Schott 44 café racers.

Zip out liner , like my Schott Steerhide 141

Looks "similar" to my Eastman Fleigerjacke from the front.

Zips were 'stiff" , lubed with ZIPCARE LUBE STICK , treated with Pitch Blend leather oil, looks even better now
Schott 441-1.jpg
Schott 441-2.jpg

research finds Gail from Schott saying

Gail on 01/04/15 at 08:05 AM

The "P" stands for plain, meaning no letters or other embellishment on a jacket that we offer with these types of embellishments. To be honest I do not know why the double "PP" as it has been over 20 years since we gave this jacket a style number. It is possible since the jacket was our japanese distributor the double "PP" stood for "Private Plain". I am certain though that one "P" does stand for Plain.

Gail

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
I'm liking this jacket more and more , been wearing it today. 16C in Perth as a max , cool by our standards.

Came up well with the pitch Blend oil , I let it "soak" in overnight , buff with a terry towel this morning.

Leather is "stiff" , no wonder as it's 25 years old.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Revamping an old thread , hope that fits with protocol ?
Schott steerhide collared 441PP today for the start of our autumn. Max temp 21C today ( last Saturday was 37C !)
At our usual pull up coffee stop. Just had a rather heavy ( and not forecast until the afternoon !) shower.
Oily glassy sea , apparently the worst time for shark attack so as usual we stayed out of the water haha..
The Schott 441PP has a zip out fleece liner , zipped sleeves and three outside zippered pockets. Rare size 44"
Made in the early 90's for the Japanese market as far as I can make out. Ex-ebay UK to me a few years back.
I wear this as a "winter" jacket hence this being it's first Fedora lounge appearance.
( Sorry , I now realise it is the second appearance in 2 and a half years !)
Schott 441PP at Scarboro.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21