Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 60's Cafe Racer Review - The Unsung Hero

Huh... Well this is interesting. I just inspected my jacket, it would appear that it simply never had a wind-flap. No signs of alteration of any kind. Seems like I got the evil brother, the rebel that decided wind-flap is for wimps. It's got neither that nor hanger loop.

And you are right, the leather on those TB jackets does look a lot different. Mine's made out of something I'd almost dare to call naked leather. Doesn't seem to have any finish at all and it doesn't shine much, too.

Just did some research on Schott forum, seems like my jacket is one of the earlier ones, back when they were still making Beck 666. I'm not surprised! I got the Beck vibe the moment I unboxed the jacket. Had one for a short while (also from Mint Vintage but it was in such a crap state that I sent it back) and this Schott just reminded me of it. Looking at the leather, this Beck could've been made the same year as the jacket that I have!

https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/beck_666rs__age_hide_id.htm

Also, this illustration...
IMG_15521.JPG

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Huh... Well this is interesting. I just inspected my jacket, it would appear that it simply never had a wind-flap. No signs of alteration of any kind. Seems like I got the evil brother, the rebel that decided wind-flap is for wimps. It's got neither that nor hanger loop.

And you are right, the leather on those TB jackets does look a lot different. Mine's made out of something I'd almost dare to call naked leather. Doesn't seem to have any finish at all and it doesn't shine much, too.

Just did some research on Schott forum, seems like my jacket is one of the earlier ones, back when they were still making Beck 666. I'm not surprised! I got the Beck vibe the moment I unboxed the jacket. Had one for a short while (also from Mint Vintage but it was in such a crap state that I sent it back) and this Schott just reminded me of it. Looking at the leather, this Beck could've been made the same year as the jacket that I have!

https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/beck_666rs__age_hide_id.htm

Also, this illustration...
IMG_15521.JPG
Bingo. Saw a beck cafe racer listing this weekend, should have copied the link, now I can't find it. But sure enough, looked like the racer you got. If it wasn't tagged, maybe you got a Beck and not a Schott? But design looks essentially the same--Beck without flap, Schott with. And of course, maybe some difference in the leather. Like I said, the Schott was good, but not as glorious as you described with yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points