Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 618 sizing question/favor

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Wondering if anyone owns a newer Schott 618 (steer) in either size 44 or 46. If so would you be willing to take a few measurements so I can gauge sizing? I've been looking online but Schott measurements seem hard to come by, and the ones I found for the 118 (said they came from Schott), weren't even close to the 118 I tried on at a local dealer (unfortunately they don't stock the 618, and I've heard the sizing is different between the two).

Looking for:
Pit-to-pit
Sleeve length from shoulder to cuff
Length from collar seam to end

Many thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help.

Psant25

One Too Many
i cannot see that table for the 618 where as the 118 table shows. like this
Screenshot_20181203-191438_Samsung Internet.jpg

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
I can't get the 618 to show up either, it appears scrambled. The 118 in size 42 states a pit to pit measurement of 24" which doesn't seem correct as I tried on a 118 in 42 and it was skin tight with a t-shirt on. All my other leathers with a 24" pit to pit are big. I like a 23-23.5" which allows me to layer but doesn't seem huge when wearing a tee.

Psant25

One Too Many
yeah that seems odd indeed. good thing at least if you order from schott free returns if you are in the us. i know what i would do ... charge both send back one

Edward

Bartender
Those measurements sound all kinds of wrong. Schott do fit 'em tight; my 618 was made within the last decade, and it's nowhere near that loose fitting. It's labelled a 46", and depending on how I measure it it's closer 23" p2p than 24". 118s, since the early 90s, have been made on a identical pattern to the 618 save that they are labelled one-size-down, i.e. my sz 46 618 is identical to a sz 44 118. The only other difference is the 118 is naked cow, the 618 is chrome-tanned 'steer'.

FWIW, sizing to wear the jacket in the same way, over only a sweatshirt or a shirt and waistcoat type level, I'm a 42 in an Aero Highwayman and a 44 in one of the pre-war halfbelt Aero designs. Same in more or less any other label; my Johnson D pocket is a 42. The Schotts very definitely come up small compared to all but a few Japanese brands in my experience.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Turns out I'll be traveling through Chicago next week so I'm gonna stop by Schott. I agree with Edward that Legendary's charts seem off from what I've tried on in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass