Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

schott 641HH fit? too tight?

onstar

One of the Regulars
m74yet.jpg

23msk11.jpg

5arp1e.jpg

ehhdfa.jpg

size 42. Im 5'10" 200 pounds.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Generally, I prefer a short jacket to at least cover my belt. The sleeves on the second one look on the money, the other is just a smidgen short for my taste, but some people do prefer them 'out of the way'.

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
It fits you fine man. ;)

The 641HH have a trimmer and shorter vintage cut. I own one and it is one of my favorite cafe racer. Schott's HH is really nice.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
This stuff is subjective: what's too tight or too short? How does it feel to wear and how do you feel about the look? For me, I'd say it is 2 inches too short but I like my jackets to sit 2 inches past my belt.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
for my taste, i would consider it too short in the length and sleeves, doesn't look to tight though from the pics

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Not that it means anything but how I tell a jacket is to tight for me,do it up bend your elbows forward and if it feels like you're about to bust the stitching across the back,to tight.From the pics it looks OK,JMO

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
641's fit on most people over 5"11 that way. The sleeves are usually a touch short. This said, I think that 641 looks fine on you. Even if you ride motorsickles, you can just wear the standard type of gloves that go over your wrists and then some, like most riders these days.

If you got a good deal on that 641, it's a keeper. A lot of people on the Lounge like extra long cuffs. It's a culture here. Personally, I think when sleeves get too long, the jacket doesn't look custom made. It looks "rack." This said, yes, your cuffs are a tad short, but not enough to worry about IMO.

schitzo

Suspended
As Shapiro has said it's all subjective. I think it looks an inch or so short, the brown one looks a better length to me. Is there enough room under the arms? If so and you don't think it's too short everything else looks alright

green papaya

One Too Many
Yes, I think it looks too small / tight

a person's body weight / size changes over the years and it's always better to buy a little bigger or looser

better for comfort and for many years of wear, unless your the kind of person that buys a new leather jacket every couple of years?

Ive had to get rid of several of my leather jackets because they always end up too small the older I get, all it takes is a little weight gain and the jacket will be too tight to wear

I cant stand the restrictive feeling of a snug fitting leather jacket

my number one priority when buying a leather jacket is freedom of movement, I must be able to bend over or reach up without any restriction in the fit when driving, kneeling, riding a motorcycle, etc

even self defense if I have to, you cant fight in a tight jacket

Last edited:

Harlock

New in Town
m74yet.jpg

23msk11.jpg

size 42. Im 5'10" 200 pounds.

That's the way those jackets fit. It'll stretch out a bit with wear. Looks good!
The idea that you need to buy a larger jacket 'cause you'll inevitably getter fatter is ridiculous. As one ages you lose muscle mass, which makes a person smaller, not larger. If you become less active in your old age EAT LESS; you're burning fewer calories and don't need as much fuel.

Last edited:

Harlock

New in Town
A lot of people on the Lounge like extra long cuffs. It's a culture here. Personally, I think when sleeves get too long, the jacket doesn't look custom made.
Couldn't agree more. Outside of this forum, extra long cuffs look a bit 'little boy in daddy's jacket.'

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
That's the way those jackets fit. It'll stretch out a bit with wear. Looks good!
The idea that you need to buy a larger jacket 'cause you'll inevitably getter fatter is ridiculous. As one ages you lose muscle mass, which makes a person smaller, not larger. If you become less active in your old age EAT LESS; you're burning fewer calories and don't need as much fuel.

Perhaps it depends on exactly what years we are talking about? I graduated high school weighing 146 lb. Thirty years later, I weigh 170. I'm not overweight, I simply filled out. I'd be willing to bet 98% of the guys here have gotten bigger as they've aged. Of course, when I go from 65 years old to 85 years old, I will likely get smaller - but I doubt I'll be worried about my leather jacket when I'm 85.

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Perhaps it depends on exactly what years we are talking about? I graduated high school weighing 146 lb. Thirty years later, I weigh 170. I'm not overweight, I simply filled out. I'd be willing to bet 98% of the guys here have gotten bigger as they've aged. Of course, when I go from 65 years old to 85 years old, I will likely get smaller - but I doubt I'll be worried about my leather jacket when I'm 85.

Harlock was probably reffering to a full grown up man. teenagers don't buy 1000$ jackets. If you pick 40-50lbs between 30 and 60 years old you need to eat less or stay off the sofa.

A lot of people on the Lounge like extra long cuffs. It's a culture here.

The OP fit is perfect for a OTR jacket. Sleeves lenght is relative to personal choice. I hate overly long sleeve as they get in the way when reaching in the pockets.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21