Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Perfecto 118 44 L age/measurements?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Anyone care to venture a guess what the usual measurements and date on this Schott Perfecto 118 44L are?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153056302263?ViewItem=&item=153056302263

I have a spec. sheet from Schott on their current 118 size 44 regular:

Chest (in half) 25
Back Length 26
Across Shoulder 20 3/8
Sleeve Length 26

The Schott web page states:

Offered in both 26" (Regular) and 28” (Long) body lengths

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/classic-perfecto-leather-jacket.htm

Pretty rare to find something long enough for me on the used market. Think this is it?

Peace

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
May have found the answer to my question on the Schott web page:

118 44L Identification from Serial Number
Posted 06/22/16 in QUESTIONS
WATCH THIS POST
Hello,

I have been looking for a 118 in size 44 LONG on the pre-owned market for a long time (can't afford a new one these days), I found one on sale right now but I wanted to check whether more information on it was available from the serial number. It reads:

Lot 44 BNDL 004

118L

Is it possible to tell from this tag 1. from which year the jacket is, 2. its measurements (in particular, back length and sleeve length). I'm 6'3'', wear a size 44 in shirts and jackets, and would like to get a sense of whether this would be a good fit for me.

Thanks a lot to you all for this forum, learnt a lot here.

Sylvain

REPLY QUOTE

GAIL on 06/23/16 at 07:34 AM
Sylnain,

Based on your height and chest size the 44 is your correct size. Based on the barcode 6303007006 and the 5th digit representing the year, the jacket may be from 2000 or 2010. In either year the specs would be the same, a long is 2" longer in back length and 1" longer in the sleeve than a regular. In a jacket this age the back length in a size 44 would be 28" and the sleeve length 27-1/2".

Gail

I think Gail is retired and just answers questions as the company historian for the fun of it.
:)

It's a 118 Long. 1990's. Naked cowhide. I'm guessing the sleeves and the back are around 27". They've started making these jackets longer early into the 2K's, which brings them to 28" now but 118 used to be a shorter jacket back in the 90's. I'm guessing a regular 44 was 25" in the back. Don't have a clue what "L" meant back then but by the look of it, my best guess is 27" sleeves / back.

On the other hand, it could be a 2000's jacket. :3

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks man, I knew you would know. I think it may work. The leather looks a bit rough in places but, these jackets hold up. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but in my experience, Schott is relatively consistent with sizes so I think this jacket should be okay for you. It's definitely a lot longer the regular Perfecto.

As for the leather, I wouldn't worry about it. This hide has a very thin top coat which scuffs very easily, showing the gray core. Older Schott Naked Cowhide jackets are almost always worn out like that at the edges, cuffs, elbows, at the belt, around the pockets, etc. Some shoe paste (or Renapur which you still probably have :)) and the jacket will look new.

Edward

Bartender
It's a 118 Long. 1990's. Naked cowhide. I'm guessing the sleeves and the back are around 27". They've started making these jackets longer early into the 2K's, which brings them to 28" now but 118 used to be a shorter jacket back in the 90's. I'm guessing a regular 44 was 25" in the back. Don't have a clue what "L" meant back then but by the look of it, my best guess is 27" sleeves / back.

On the other hand, it could be a 2000's jacket. :3

Is that another point of difference between the 118 and the 618 now, then? Used to be that a 118 was identical to the 'next size up' 618. My 618 is very definitely a 25" back length, though.

Is that another point of difference between the 118 and the 618 now, then? Used to be that a 118 was identical to the 'next size up' 618. My 618 is very definitely a 25" back length, though.

Which point do you mean, Edward? Hard to say how exactly did the 618 and the 118 differ in size and cut as they've modified the cut many times in the past. All I know is that it used to be shorter than it is now, at least before the 2000's. It has been the same for the past 18 years, apparently but before that it's anyone's guess.

Edward

Bartender
Which point do you mean, Edward? Hard to say how exactly did the 618 and the 118 differ in size and cut as they've modified the cut many times in the past. All I know is that it used to be shorter than it is now, at least before the 2000's. It has been the same for the past 18 years, apparently but before that it's anyone's guess.

Length is what I meant. I don't know exactly the age of my 618 - bought it used - but I'd say it's at least 'this decade'. I had long had half an eye out for a bargain on a used 118, but I'd bed warier of ordering one if they're very significantly longer. My 618 is fine as is, though I could equally wear 2" longer (as, I think, my Johnson is. (stop sniggering at the back!)). Once you start getting longer again than that, though, with me being relatively short - I'm only 5'10" - it's gonig to look unbalanced to my eye.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
GAIL on 11/15/15 at 07:28 AM
I did retire about 2 years ago, but after a few months home I went back to work one day a week. Even though I retired I always would reply to the blog inquiries and emails from home. This past August I did become ill so I can do the blog & emails from home at this time. I hope once my Chemo is finished and I have my strength back I can once again go back to work. I worked for Schott 33 years and I miss not being at the factory, they are a great family.

Gail

She is a cool.
Peace

Peacoat

Bartender
Good for you Gail. Good luck with the chemo. You have been great in the past. I have referred people with Schott peacoat questions that I couldn't answer to you over the years. Military Peacoats are my area of expertise; these flash in the pan leather jackets are merely a distraction.

Thanks for your help over the years.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
GAIL on 11/15/15 at 07:28 AM
I did retire about 2 years ago, but after a few months home I went back to work one day a week. Even though I retired I always would reply to the blog inquiries and emails from home. This past August I did become ill so I can do the blog & emails from home at this time. I hope once my Chemo is finished and I have my strength back I can once again go back to work. I worked for Schott 33 years and I miss not being at the factory, they are a great family.

Gail

She is a cool.
Peace
I pulled the posting from Gail dated 11/15/15 off the schott web page:

https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/schott_617_question.htm

Not sure if Gail is on TFL, but I bet she would love to hear from us. :)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
The Perfecto 118L came in the mail. Here are the numbers:

P to P 23”
Shoulder 20”
Back 25”
Sleeve 25”
Waist 21"

Label

LOT BNDL
44 003
118L

I was hoping it would be a little longer. :)

Perfecto P to P.JPG

Perfecto Shoulder.JPG

Perfefto Back.JPG

Perfecto Sleeve.JPG

IMG_6309.JPG

I think that the 5th digit of the bar code represents the year, so I am guessing that this was made in 1999?

Attachments

• Perfecto Waist.JPG
    Perfecto Waist.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,386

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Gail wrote in another posting on the Schott web page that :

Based on the Century buckle the jacket was produced in 2004. This was the buckle company we purchased our buckles from at that time. The company closed in 2005 and since that time we no longer used the Century buckle on the jackets.Gail

This jacket was not made in 2009, as per the 5th digit, because they stopped using the Century Canada buckle in 2005

Perfecto Buckle.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner